Cage Sizes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddysRabbits

Reaction score
I'm making a c&c cage. Uhm. . .I think they are called NIC cages here?
With the wire cubes & Coroplast?
I know how to make them, I have one for my guinea pigs. But I need to know the sizes I should make.

The Rabbits;
I am getting 2 rabbits. They live seperatly. They are both Females and 4 Years Old.

I am thinking for them a 2(grids)x4(grids) each. & If I can buy 2 sheets of coroplast I can make a 2x6 for each.
How does this sound?
Any suggestions? Space saving & also making big cages?

It sounds great. I would add a shelf or level in the cage as many rabbits do like having a level. Make sure you support any levels with wooden dowels. Using zip ties either on their own or with the connectors does help.
If you need to save space, you can put the guinea pig cage on top of one of the cages or even stack the cages. If you do this, you need to support it with dowels.
One thing I will recommend is using plastic poster hangers along the edge of the coroplast to prevent chewing. You have to slide them on and tape them down. It is much easier to do it when you first build it than to try to do it later.

Back