cage size?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issi

Reaction score
pippin is about 25cm long and 13cm high whats thebest size for his cage?the cage i have for him now is 48cm long and 29cm with . is that a good size?or should it be bigger?

I think the cage you have is too small.

(48cm x 29 cm is about 1ft x 1.5 ft for those who don't know, and the rabbit is probably about the size of a dutch)
The minimum size for a cage is one that has space enough for food,litterbox and an area big enough for the rabbit to completely stretchout and tall enough that it is able to sit up comfortably. Like aglunusaid, this is usually about 4 times the size of the rabbit.

Whats even better though, is a cage big enough that allows the rabbitto hop around some and play, especially if the bunny spends severalhours per day in the cage. The bigger it is, the better. A decent sizecage from a pet store will usually be very expensive, but there aremany options for making your own cage that are much more affordable,and there are plenty of people here who would be willing to give youtips.

a rule of thumb is 1 square foot of cage spaceper 3/4 pound of rabbit...i keep my Polish (very small breed) Doesw/litters: 24x24", bucks or dry does, juniors in 18"x24"

Latest posts

Back