Buying NIC Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's tons of fun! don't get discouraged if it seems a little shaky or awkward when you're first getting started - you get the hang of it quickly and the more you build, the sturdier it gets :)

I agree that it is wobbly at first. When you only have the walls up it is very wobbly. When you add a roof or shelf it gets solid as a rock. Also when you attach it to the base it gets really sturdy.

Take pictures and have fun :)

i ordered the cubes from sears. said it would be like a week before they got to the store. I designed a simple 2x3x2. I think that will be big enough for now, i can always add. Its bigger than what she has now. Im still not sure what to do about the base though..and the flooring on the upper level.

I used coroplast since I didn't have the tools to cut wood. if you're lucky, you can buy the 4'x8' sheets of coroplast at home depot really cheap... some carry them/some (like mine >.>) don't. other people have used wood, linoleum, etc. carpet is possible *if* your bunny isn't interested in chewing on it.

I got a sheet of coroplast from home depot 2 different times. Do not bother asking the people who work there. They will look at you like you are crazy. I found it near the plexyglass at my homedepot. It is really hidden. You have to look long and hard to find it. I think that it was between $10 and $12 for 1 8'x4' sheet. You can also call around to sign stores and ask if they will sell you a sheet or 2. Mention that you are building a rabbit cage with it otherwise they might not sell it to you or they will jack the price up sooo much.

How many boxes of the cubes did you order from sears? I assume that you ordered the ones that have enough to make 6 cubes.

I'm still jealous of that - I had to get mine from a sign shop because home depot only had 18''x24'' and 24''x36'' sheets of coroplast... they checked the computer and said the 4'x8' could only be ordered online in packs of 10 :(

On the plus side of going to a sign shop you could get different colors. I called all the sign stores in the area (6 of them at least) and the only color that any of them had was yellow and white. The 1 store that had a color that I was interested in had a $60 minimum, which obviosly a single piece of coroplast will not cover.

yeah, I did get purple by going to a sign shop... and they gave me colored for the cost of white (about $1.50 a sheet cheaper) 'cause I bought two sheets, hehe. plus they cut it for free, which saved me having to do so myself... and more importantly, saved me having to figure out how on earth to get a 4'x8' sheet into an RX-8 (which I really doubt would be possible since the 4'x3' ones barely fit into the back seat).

I think i want to use wood and linoleum flooring on bottom level and carpet on top. If not ill use coroplast. i bought 3 boxes just incase i wanted to make a bigger one. They are the ones that are all the same size squares.

you could build a 2x4x2 condo with a roof, bottom floor made from grids and a partial second level with 44-47 panels if my math is correct (the variance being whether you have a 4, 6 or 7 panel second floor). the best deal on grids these days is at sears - http://www.sears.com/stor-floor-sta...p-00913332000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1 - and they come 23 panels to a box so you could do up to a six panel second floor with two boxes.

Latest posts

Back