Bunny's making clicking noises with mouth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfonz

Reaction score
Hi Everybody! Just have aconcern. Bunny ran out of pellets about 2 days ago and I'mwaiting on his order to come into the pet store tomorrow.I've been giving him lots of veggies and lots of timothy hay tosupplement, but last night his tummy was grumbling. Then justthis afternoon, after eating his salad, he went off into a corner, satthere really still with his ears perked up like he was alert, andstarted making clicking noises with his mouth. Is thispossible tooth grinding caused by pain? Sorry so long of anentry! Any help will be appreciated, Thanks!!:?

-k

How do his droppings look? Radicaldiet changes (such as from pellets to greens) in such a short period oftime is not recommended. Keep pushing the timothy hay and cutback on the greens. Do you have anyrolled oatsand/or whole wheat bread you can supplement to hold him over until thepellet order comes in?

You can change over to a diet of primarily greens and veggies with onlya small amount of pellets, but any changes in the diet should be madegradually.

Pam

Hi Pam!His droppings look normal, so itake that as a good sign. I didn't want to change his diet sosuddenly, I just figured that adding another brand of pellet wouldupset him more? Thanks for your input!:D

The general practice is too mix the old pellets with the new brand.

How is he doing today?

Pam

Bunny is doing fine, Pam. I tried someof the whole wheat bread and he nibbled on a little bit, yesterdayevening he was stretched out relaxed. And this morning he wasall jumpy and silly when I gave him his breakfast. So Ifigure he's doing alright. Thanks again for all your concernand help!

Latest posts

Back