Bunnys know verbal cues? Specific words?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
So this morning something kind of crazy happened in our house! Cookie was out for his early morning romp and as I was coming down for breakfast... My hubby looked at cookie and said, "hey cook, where's mrs pinky?" "where'd you put her?" (mrs pinky is his stuffed girlfriend lol he is very attached to her)

And I swear! Instantly cookie stopped eating and went into his cottontail cottage to the second floor and started dragging her out!!!!!!! And took her right to my hubby's feet and then went back to eating!! He must have stuffed her up there the night before...

Hubby and I both just stood there with our mouths hanging open! It was as if he knew EXACTLY what he asked him and went and got her! And afterwards, he was running around acting so proud of himself lol

Is it really possible for bunnys to know the names of things? I mean, I know they can learn commands... But can they really differentiate between different toys? By name?

I'm very curious to see if it happens again!

Maybe we have a "Bunlbert Einstien" on our hands ;) LOL :biggrin:

I knew bunnies were smart, and Mr. Cookie showing how smart bunnies can be.

That is amazing that he knew exactly what your husband was talking about and went and got "Mrs. Pinky". You both should be proud of your little man.

It amazed me the first time I watched my husband call Dobby and Dobby come running from where ever he was hiding at, to my husband, stop at his feet, and looked up at him like he was saying, "Ok Dad, I'm here, What do you want?"

I truly believe my bunnies are starting to know certain words. I know when they hear a bag or see us open the refrigerator, they are all out waiting to see what's going on. They all know their names.

Thanks for posting your experience of how bunnies are not just "lumps" to put in a crate and look at, but an actual intelligent animal that if you really show them love and support, can amaze you with that intelligence!

You go Mr. Cookie! Smart little man!

K:)

Wicked smart little guy! That's awesome!

Mine come when I shake the treat jar or bag. They all know their names, but Molly is really the only one that comes every time (woe to the person who calls her and doesn't have a treat ready, though).

I'm going to try to use cue words with my gang and see if anything crops up!

Thanks guy! :) he is a smart little guy... Too smart sometimes ;) lol

I'm still in shock by it lol if it happens again, then I'll prob believe it wasn't a fluke... And I think all the smarts have been "going to his head" cuz the last few nights, man! He refuses to go back into his pen at bedtime! Little stinker, runs from us... Will run right up to the door or the pen and then turn around and run off LOL BRAT! ;)

Latest posts

Back