bunny sneezes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tterster

Reaction score
Our bunny was sneezing while we took her for a walk. It was cute.

[align=center]That sounds very cute,but you may want to make sure she isn't getting sick. You should checkfor discharge in the eyes and nose and labored breathing if she keepson sneezing. Sometimes sneezing means it can have a serious illnesslike Pasteurellosis which can be fatal if untreated or it may be anallergy. A vet would know more than I do, i'm only 14. I don't mean tosound rude or anything, just trying to help :)[/align]

Scooby Doo is "right on" ... buns can developrespiratory illnesses. Some diseases like the one she mentioned can laydomant (until something tiggers it ... sometimes something as small asa temperature change). I lost my first bun, Bugs to that disease ...not a pretty picture. He developed "wry neck." This condition causestheir head to twist to one side or the other and they loose theirbalance, causing them to fall over alot. Not trying to scare you ...just wanted you to take your bun's sneezing seriously. I now haveanother bun that I adopted, Harley. I take him to our vet every year onhis birthday for a check-up and blood work. I guess I'm overlyattentive after loosing Bugs.

Even if your bun is ill ... this disease can be kept under control. Myfriend in N.Y. adopted a bun that had a severe case and through herbalmedicines he has maintained her health for a number of years.

I'm not sure if buns develop allergies or not. I know they can't get colds or the flu like us humans ... thank God.

I lost my first rabbit, Scrappy Doo, when he was2 years old. I had shown him at the fair that was 30 min away so icouldn't be with him 24/7...the day i brought him home he died and ithink it may have been snuffles. My other rabbit Scooby isstill alive butsoon after Scrappy died i took him to the vetbecause he wouldn't eat or drink much and I had to give him medicine 1to 2 times a day and pineapple juice. He got better and i wasso happy! He is still here and going on 5 years, we just bought him abrand new cage that isa lot bigger and he enjoysdigging in it :) but I have researched a lot on rabbit health sincei've had them, so sneezing is really a problem that needs to be checkedinto. As for the allergies--they can be allergic tofood andinhalant or contact allergies. Food allergies gotoyour rabbit's skin and irritates it and causing her to scratchexcessively, which can lead tofur loss. Inhalant or contactallergiesare airborne allergens that your rabbitcaninhale or contact by having them settle in her fur or in hercage.Some include dust orpollen. Sneezing,wheezing, skin irritation, runny eyes, and fur loss are some symptoms.I found some of this on the internet to doublecheckbecause Ididn't want to give the wrong information.

Latest posts

Back