Bunny-sitting*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocorabbit

Reaction score
We are leaving this week early Thursday morning and coming back late saturday night (3 days) for a little holiday trip.

I asked my friend to help baby sit my two rabbits (female, and unspayed around 4 months old). So we'll have to put them in two separate cages and when she can she'll let them run around at her place (well.. her air well).

Does anyone think this will be too stressful on them?
:?
Could they get sick because of being scared at being in a new environment and caretaker for a few days?

Of course I'll instruct her to feed them healthy, etc.

But right now they are house bunnies, they've never been outdoors. She is going to keep them outside her front porch that is shaded.
So I guess for most of the day they will be in the cage, and at night she'll let them run around a bit.

I could leave them at our place, but my in-laws aren't too keen on taking care of them (we share a place with them right now) and I've caught my father-in-law feeding them crackers, despite telling him not too. :nonono:
The rabbits have a cage at our place, but we let them run free on our balcony all day, and in the morning and night we let them out around the house so there's room to zoom and run and explore. This is their routine. But my in-laws think letting them out to play means 30min a day and the rest blocked inside the balcony.

So i'm just wondering which is the lesser of the two evils: being in a new environment for a few days, OR the risk of being taken care of more carelessly?

any suggestions or experiences on this would be great asap, since it's monday night now and we're leaving this thursday! (should've posted last week!):ponder:

Until I saw you were in Malaysia, I thought the sudden introduction to cold weather would be a problem. I'm not sure which of your options would be better, but either way, put meal servings in separate plastic bags so there won't be any confusion about how much to give.
Unless the friend has visited you a lot & the rabbits are comfortable with her & she with them, I guess I'd choose the in-laws. There would be no change in environment & the friend may make the same mistakes your in-laws have made. You just don't know.

Latest posts

Back