bunny room!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyornot

Reaction score
well hey there!

I just moved my bunny into her new room that is all for her and hopefully she can just be free all the time. so far I have been letting her out for a couple hours then putting her up just because I'm nervous and have never done this before... and I don't know if we're missing anything that comes in handy.

there's only one chord in the room and it's been covered up. there's nothing protecting the walls. I've seem pics of other rooms where the perimeter is covered but over the past couple weeks we let her out and just watch her and she really doesn't seem very interested in chewing on walls - she is pretty naughty though :)

all of her essential items are in her cage still like her food, water, hay, litter box, and hide away. I know an outside bigger litter box will be better. but I was wondering if i should provide an extra water source and food bowl especially since she's young.

there are toys inside and outside her cage as well and some boxes to play in.

let me know what you guys think and if I'm missing anything or have any suggestions.

Bunnies get bored easily, so I wouldn't count on her not chewing your walls.
Make sure there is a lot of things for her to chew on to distract her from the walls.

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

I have a bunny room. At the moment I actually have 2 being my second bunny hasn't been bonded to my first yet. I let my rabbits out of their cages in the morning and put them up at night. Both of my rabbits have lots of things to chew on and I spend quite a bit of time with them however one has chewed on the baseboards and molding in the room. Also I don't know how he managed it but my boy bunny also scratched up some of the carpet under his cage as well. Other than that they do just fine. They do tend to get bored easily and my boy bunny seems to be the most destructive if I am gone out of town for the day I will come home to find most everything in his cage upside down. I guess he misses me and throws a bunny fit. hehe I haven't had them chew on walls just baseboards. I found that rubbing hot sauce on the places he has chewed stopped the problem.

okay. so far we've been good on not chewing walls I just don't want the wall or whatever she decides to chew on to be hurtful to her. she enthusiatically runs around I can hear her downstairs! I've been collecting things little by little that I think will be fun for her. she's so weird because there's a blanket up there that she doesn't mess with other that jumping on and sliding into but she loves to chew on clothes. other than clothes she is more into pushing things over. I build her toilet paper tube pyramids and she likes to run into them.

thanks for your replies!

It's messy she's been in destruction mode ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1382755812.682688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Oops I may have sent that twice. Btw that orange thing in her cage is a hide away and she always turns it upside down. It can get chili upstairs and that can't be cozy - is it okay to take that out and maybe put a flat cat bed in there?

You'll need to experiment with the cat bed, some rabbits are fine with them, and others will eat them. So if you give it to her, make sure you do so while supervised so that you can make sure she's not going to eat it. You could also hang a fleece blanket over the top of half of the cage to help keep it warm at night.

oh that's a good idea. I've been meaning to go get a bunch of fleece to make a whole bunch of stuff for her and the cat. maybe I can make her a fleece bed. Or just get a different hide but she really likes it turned over.

Very cute bunny. You might get your baseboards chewed or you might not. Ours have a lot of cardboard boxes and toys but that doesn't always hold their interest. If you are comfortable in the room, it's not too cold for a bunny--they have a fur coat and do well at temperatures we consider cold or cool.

oh thank you! i'm always cold so i think everyone else is cold too.

Latest posts

Back