Bunny Room

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xKuchiki

Reaction score
So my rabbits have recently been living in a cage smaller then the XL Super Pet cages. Its the bottom of a ferret cage, because I don't have anything else right now. I really want to have free ranging rabbits, or a rabbit room, but my sisters HATE the rabbits and I'm only allowed keeping them in two rooms if people are downstairs -- my bedroom, and my computer room. I want to take out my bed and transform my room in to a bunny room, unfortunately the chance of that happening is 1 in a trillion. There is also a computer room and my dads old office and my dad wants to smash the wall in and make it an exercise room/music studio, and I don't think he'll want to give up that space for 'just rabbits' :grumpy:.

The last space there is, is our 'garage'. Its not actually a garage, its a heated place in the back of our house that our dogs sleep in at night. Its also our pantry. The floor is tile and grout, its (sort of) spacey, but my dogs love eating the rabbit food and their poop.

Any suggestions? I'll try to post pics as soon as I can.

Also, having free-range rabbits wouldn't work as we have 12 + guitars, a 10k subwoofer system, 3 dogs and two cats. And to add to that list is the worlds most useless, self absorbed 21 year old that has no intentions of moving out anytime soon.

HELPP MEE 3: <3

Would it be possible to simply bunnyproof your bedroom and allow them to live there while it is still functioning as your room? There are ways to protect wires from bunnies and vise versa, you can put a piece of vinyl flooring or indoor/outdoor carpet under the litterbox area to protect the real carpet. You'll just have to keep the floor clear of unsafe objects and stuff you don't want ruined. You can use sour apple spray or block corners off with cardboard to protect them from chewing, etc.

I just KNOW Theodore would jump on my bed and pee/poop. Theodore is litter trained (sort of) and Clover is getting better, but I've had my bedroom since I was a baby, and I have a bunch of shelves and stuff that he'd chew. Thanks for the suggestions, but i'll have to confirm with my dad on Tuesday since hes in Hawaii.

If you are concerned about poop/pee on your bed, purchase a micro-fleece thermal blanket. I cover my bed with one to protect it from bunnies when they're out. Evie pees on it sometimes, and the liquid just pools on the surface, doesn't go through at all.

Would it be possible to just get a bigger cage? My rabbit is my roommmate (aka she lives in my bedroom) and we get along great. She has her XL super pet cage (its tight, but works for her because shes so small) and I just let her out whenever i'm home. Shes free about 4-8 hours a day. My room is bunny proofed, and it wasnt even that hard. Its not an eye soar either, it basically looks the same but with cords tied out of the way.

You could look for bigger cages on craigslist. People sell them for a very reasonable price. Also, couldn't you make an NIC cage?

Maybe you can get one of those loft-beds to get your bed out of the way. It's like a bunk bed, but only the bed on top, no bed on the bottom. Your bunny could live in the space underneath your bed.
Or you could put your desk there and fence the whole thing off, and let the bunny have the rest of the room :D.

Latest posts

Back