Bunny Proofing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven C

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right area for this one. But! I want to give my rabbits a full room in my apartment after they get spayed in Nov. I was wondering if anyone else had this type of baseboard and with what they protected it with? Every time I look up protectors for them, it's for the flat baseboards.

Attachments

• IMG20231015075437.jpg
    IMG20231015075437.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
They may not chew on them. Only one or two of my rabbits over the years ever chewed on baseboards.

A few possibilities are to use plexiglass, coroplast, shelfcube grids, or pine 1x4s.

They may not chew on them. Only one or two of my rabbits over the years ever chewed on baseboards.

A few possibilities are to use plexiglass, coroplast, shelfcube grids, or pine 1x4s.
Unfortunately, I have to keep them from the baseboards at every turn😭 they've already done some damage in the living room that I need to fix.

I appreciate the ideas. I'll try these out and see how it works out. Thank you!

Sounds like the fur babies need toys of interest that can stimulate them

Instead of playing carpenter and redecorating the structure s around you

Sounds like the fur babies need toys of interest that can stimulate them

Instead of playing carpenter and redecorating the structure s around you
I agree but all they care about is that, carpet and cardboard lol they don't really take to the toys. At least not the ones I've bought so far. I'm still trying out other toys. I have built them a digging box which they seem to like for a short period of time and they love their tunnel. I'm still figuring out their likes and dislikes to be honest. I seem to always get the stubborn and picky pets😂 like daughters like mother I guess😂😂 I know they like the stacking cups and they've tried to snag my keys when it's in my pocket, so I'm planning on buying them a set of fake baby keys for them. They don't even like the foraging mat really. Paris will use it for a minute while Yue will just sniff it and chew on the cat scratcher and throw that around for entertainment. They seem happy right now (they binky and lay next to me sometimes when they pause during play. So I'm guessing they're doing good). I just want them to have more freedom than their pen right now and more entertainment. I'm hoping that there'll be a toy they like that will take more of their attention. I tried the toilet paper and hay thing and those don't last long haha

have you got any tunnels or do you have any access to cardboard boxes to make holes in and tunnels, I found my Bunny loves to rip up cardboard and paper, I give her toilet paper rolls and she loves to chuck these around. I just thought cardboard boxes with holes through them might give them something do and chew on.

have you got any tunnels or do you have any access to cardboard boxes to make holes in and tunnels, I found my Bunny loves to rip up cardboard and paper, I give her toilet paper rolls and she loves to chuck these around. I just thought cardboard boxes with holes through them might give them something do and chew on.
I've done all that. I made a big hide out of a cardboard box, a digging box, I gave them paper toilet rolls and they chew those up to pieces in minutes. They even have a tunnel. They love cardboard but still also go for the baseboards. They ignore toys I buy them. They also have a cat scratcher they chew, dig, and throw around. It's still not enough to distract them from the baseboards for some reason.

I think it's just because they're still really young so it's still very appealing to them😅 That's why I'm trying to figure out other ways to keep them from getting to them.

oh another thing you could try is bitter apple spray, and you just spray it on things you don't want chewed. it works for some bunnies,
you can also make your own spray. You do 1 part white vinegar, 1 part alcohol, 1 part lime juice, and 1 part water, and then you use that to spray on your baseboards, just the taste will keep them away sometimes.

I know this might be work, but another thing is getting some of those little CNC shelving grids. you can make shelves pens etc. and put them around your wall.

I hope I have helped

We made barricades of pine 1" boards and also used left over floor tiles--if it's wood, they would chew it, period, end of sentence! Our "rabbit room" has tile floor and tile for the base instead of wood--the trim around the doors and closet will need to be replaced eventually however!

I have my two buns in a room all to themselves but with x pens bordering the outside so they don’t chew mine. They have a two level hutch and hideaway house/ tunnels made of wood they can chew on. Plastic boats ( baby tub toys) seem very content.

Back