Bunny not feeling well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickers

Reaction score
Snickers in the last couple hours has beenacting different...He is siiting in a corner and won't move....I pethim and he likes it but he usually is hoping around and such ...I justknow...something is wrong...like a tummy ache....I checked his eyes andnose and no discharge....he is acting weird and doesn't want to comeout of his cage for the first time ever...I'm worried I leave tomorrowfor a night....and someoen will be here but not me....:?

Is he poopin/peeing...eating,drinking? That would be the first things I would watchfor...maybe he's just real tired for some reason and your worrying forno reason (we hope!)...

I checked to see if he had runny poops andno.....I know I haven't been feeling well either for about a week justa bad stomach ache....Can bunnnies get sick from me???I gave him freshfood and water but in the last hour he hasn't moved to do anything....Idon't know I'm just used to him and I know his personality and he isacting funny

If he continues like this I would take him to the vet RIGHT away!

Is it hot where you are? He might be overheated. If so you can put a frozen water bottle in there for him to layagainst.

Have you been feeding him timothy hay? Ifhe has a blockage he should have access to Timothy hay and then bringhim to the vets.

~Amy

If he's not acting himself...listen to yourinstincts!!!!! Thats what first alerted me to Corky's problems and itsa good thing I listened!!

Please try to get him to a vet as soon as you can and have him checked out, even if he's fine, then you'll both feel better!!

Please keep us updated and I'm sending out good thoughts and prayers for you both!

How old is he? You say he is sittingin the corner, what kind of pose/position is he in? Stretchedout? Is he curled into a ball? Is his tummy makinga rumbling or rattling noise? How long have you had him?

I just gave him Timothy hay today....and he isinside and we have A/C ....I felt his ears to see if they were warmlike a fever and they weren't warm....I will leave him be for a littlewhile and see and keep you posted....Thanks for the responses...He ismy baby:D

I got him last September and he was a couple weeks old

After a scare last night with Tiny, I'm going to say something that others will probably quote back to me in the future.

"You can never go wrong taking a bunny to the vet if you feel uncomfortable about them."

NEVER EVER EVER.

Tiny started acting funny on Tuesday and I called the vet and startedhim on Baytril. Wednesday night he got really worse (and westill don't know what it was) and I cried and cried because I knew ISHOULD have taken him to the vet even though it is 70 miles one way.

I'm so glad he's ok and I really believe that it is because of theprayers that went up on his behalf both from our family and thisboard. I still believe he might have had something wrong thatwe haven't caught yet and I'm still concerned. Let me tellyou - even though he went to the vet today - if I have to - I'll takehim back again tonight - even at midnight - if he needs it.

I will NOT hesitate again. He's just too special to risk losing and he can go downhill too fast.

Peg

Well I found out that my dad stopped by and gaveSnickers some wild carrots from his yard so I think that is what mightbe bothering him....(my dad doesn't use pesticides or anythingand hepicked him from his yard)

snickers wrote:
Well I found out that my dad stopped by and gave Snickerssome wild carrots from his yard so I think that is what might bebothering him....(my dad doesn't use pesticides or anythingand hepicked him from his yard)

How old is he? You say he is sitting in the corner, what kindof pose/position is he in? Stretched out? Is hecurled into a ball? Is his tummy making a rumbling orrattling noise? How long have you had him?

Snickers seems to be doing better i have beenspending alll this time with him and I switched his food....I got himout and check him over and he seems to be doing better

Is Snickers eating, pooping, and drinking OK now?

Because he was moulting.....is there hair in his poops? What size is his poops?

Rainbows! :angel:

Latest posts

Back