Bunny not eating or drinking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know what that white stringy bit in his poop was? It almost looks like a worm, might be worth taking a fresh sample with you when you head to the vet. But a vet visit is definitely recommended. On the off chance it is a worm, I would be careful about keeping things sterile between touching and feeding your different bunnies.

okay I will bring a sample! are his symptoms a sign of worms? he's still pooping a bunch but they're tiny. I've noticed him sneezing and he has a little white discharge on his eyes. he's eating an apple right now and he's had veggies through out the day. the veggies and apple were rinsed with water. he still hasn't touched his water, pellets, or hay :(

So the vet doesn't have much experience with rabbits but he said he feels something inside of his stomach. He doesn't know what to do about it :/ He weighs 2 lbs 8 oz so he's loosing weight. I'm so worried I wish I would of just went to the vet I always went to but this ones closer so I thought I would try it out :(

Check his teeth. Lift his lips up and see if his teeth are intact. If his teeth look fine, you probably should bring him inside like you did last year and see if that helps. I definitely would take him to the vet if you haven't already...:runningrabbit:

I am so very sorry for your loss. Binky free little guy.

As a side note, weight loss is a common symptom of worms, but that doesn't mean it was that. I'm not sure on the other symptoms.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Binky free little guy.

As a side note, weight loss is a common symptom of worms, but that doesn't mean it was that. I'm not sure on the other symptoms.

He could of had worms. I'm really not sure why he died, I was syringe feeding him but I could tell he wasn't getting better. He wasn't starting to eat or drink on his own besides veggies and he smelled really bad like he was gassy. I would of brought him to the emergency vet but I thought he would be fine until today. Monday morning he seemed just like he had been the past few days, he didn't seem like he would die. (the vet was closed over the weekend and Monday. I planned on calling today and bringing him in) I was with family for Memorial Day and came home and found him laying in the grass dead. I do have my buns outside and it was around 80 degrees but none of my other rabbits had signs of heat exhaustion. It could of been heat exhaustion because he wasn't drinking on his own, or it could of been just the fact that he hadn't been eating or drinking for so many days, even though I was syringing him food and water. He probbaly had something wrong with him. He didn't have much energy or strength and was very boney almost 2 lbs. He did loose weight last winter and was like 2 lbs 3 oz and I brought him inside and he started eating and drinking again. I did bring him inside this time again but it didn't help so I brought him back outside.

I feel terrible, but I guess everything happens for a reason. I had him for about a year and I have many great memories of him I'll never forget.

Last edited:
Oh poor lil bunbun. I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't think it would be heat exhaustion of your other buns were ok. It sounds like you really tried your hardest to keep him alive. Sometimes those things just happen.

:pray: Binky free, little one.

I'm so sorry :( I lost my bun to GI stasis last September. I did everything I could do and he still passed away :(

Latest posts

Back