Bunny not eating and poopy butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyman_t

Reaction score
Last night my bunny was perfect but today morning he didn't roam around and didn't eat anything. In the afternoon i saw some poop on his bum so i just cleaned it. But in the evening there was more poop on his bum so i tried to clean it. As soon as i removed the surface of the poop, there was a cluster of small wet, poop with some mucus. I cleaned it with cotton and water. But he is still not eating. Plz help.

I would get your bun to a good rabbit vet right away. Mucous in the poop is a sign of digestive upset and can be an indication of coccidiosis, which is caused by a parasite that can prove fatal and needs immediate treatment with the correct medication. Or it could be your rabbit has developed an overgrowth of harmful bacteria such as e. coli, that needs immediate treatment as well.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Generalities/Enteritis_en.htm

You will also need to get a syringe feeding mix from the vet, so you can keep your bun fed until he is eating again on his own.

Latest posts

Back