Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltaj720

Reaction score
My bunny got hurt on its nose about 30 mins ago. My sister was carrying it to the park and he tried to jump out. She carries him every day and today was the first time he jumped out. He bled a little bit. I am very concerned and scared right now. He isn't bleeding any more. He fell asleep and woke up. He has also eaten a little bit. He also drank some water. I think he is teeth grinding, but I'm not sure. He is squealing a tiny bit too to it his breathing. I think he breathing weird because it sounds like someone is blowing thorough a straw pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_1672.jpg
    IMG_1672.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 15
Take your bunny to a vet, if all of the symptoms are new I would check his nose. Bunnies only breath with their nose and not with the mouth. So the squealing and trouble breathing is a concern and will need a check up.

When carrying bunnies outdoors, myself always make sure my bunnies have a harness on. So If they would want to jump, I have a better grip on the harness while holding them. My bunnies have never jumped out my arms except when I allowed them, but it’s always good to be extra safe.

Hopefully it will be nothing serious with your little guy. Please do let us know what the vet says. We hope he will be feeling better very soon. Best of luck to your cutie!

Rabbits should always be transported somewhere in a carrier and not while being held. It is a statistical certainty that a rabbit being carried about in one's arms will eventually squirm and jump/fall down to the ground. I can't even count the number of times I've heard the same story ('always carry him like this but he jumped out for the first time').

Never should a rabbit be carried anywhere unless secure in a carrier of some kind.

He may have injured his nose (or more). It will be fortunate if that is all it is. I've heard of rabbits falling on their head, breaking a leg, or even breaking their back. So dangerous.

Back