Bunny doesn't drink much

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezling

Reaction score
My 3-month-old baby doesn't seem to like drinking much.
I see him drinking many times a day but he only takes few sips at a time and that's about it. He has 2 water bowls available to him at all times and I change his water every single day (sometimes even twice a day because some hay and residue falls into the bowls at times). The water bowls are always more than half way full when I change them. He eats a lot, poops, and is very active but I am worried he might get dehydrated. Is there anything I could do to encourage him to drink more?
One of my cats is also not much of a drinker but then he does get the water from his wet food.
EDIT: I don't feed him veggies yet as I've been given contradictory info about when it's best to introduce them. Some say that 3 months is too early and I'm worried about causing him some digestive issues.

Last edited:
you can start with veggies now as long as you start slowly and one at a time. if you find they cause him any problems, then you can stop feeding them until he's a couple months older ;).

here's a good article on dehydration in rabbits: http://www.helium.com/items/1641618-dehydration-in-an

chances are, he's drinking the amount of water he needs (especially since you're using bowls, not water bottles - they tend to drink more from bowls). I can't imagine why a rabbit would be dehydrated unless there was something more going on.

Latest posts

Back