Bunny depressed after false pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mycahll

Reaction score
Hey, first time rabbit owner here. Can rabbits get depressed after a false pregnancy?

I have a lion head mix female a year and few months old now. I rescued her from someone who kept her in a small cage and she is free roam in a couple rooms now.

she has been happy and sassy and bossy for a couple months now, but she just went through a false pregnancy and for nearly 2 weeks she was being insane nesting and tearing out her hair and then all of a sudden within a days time she has stopped binkying, she stopped nesting, stopped following me around the room and circling my feet and all around less attention seeking. Her appetite has gone down but still eats, she is still pooping for now but is lazy, will sit in one spot for hours, no interest in toys and tolerates pets waay less.

Is this normal going through the hormones changes of a false pregnancy? She is bonded to me and has no bunny friends right now But I have been working from home all quarantine and my schedule hasn’t changed so im not sure if she is lonely? ( i do plan on getting her a friend but it has to wait for now)

I do plan on having her spayed by the way, I have an appointment for next month, Im just wondering if I should see an emergency vet sooner. Im quite worried and not experienced with rabbits.

Back