Bunny birth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollieberesford04

Reaction score
My rabbit gave birth to two bunny’s at half 10 this morning
She has given birth to another one half an hour ago. Should I be worried? How will I know when she has finished giving birth?
I’m slightly concerned as supposedly rabbits are supposed to finish birthing kits after 30 minutes. Is this true?

Well, not exactly. There can be evenm days until a litter is fully done.
Just make sure that the nest is dry and the kits well covered with fur, with so few kits they need all the insulation they can get.

You can give the doe calcium rich food now, a deficite can make kindling difficult. I sprinkle a little ground up eggshells on a tbsp of damp oatmeal when I know they're going to knindle soon. Others offer her Tums, fruit flavoured is said to be accepted well.

Other than that, try to not meddle to much. The doe needs peace and privacy, any stress doesn't help. Some does do not nurse as long as someone is around.

Well, not exactly. There can be evenm days until a litter is fully done.
Just make sure that the nest is dry and the kits well covered with fur, with so few kits they need all the insulation they can get.

You can give the doe calcium rich food now, a deficite can make kindling difficult. I sprinkle a little ground up eggshells on a tbsp of damp oatmeal when I know they're going to knindle soon. Others offer her Tums, fruit flavoured is said to be accepted well.

Other than that, try to not meddle to much. The doe needs peace and privacy, any stress doesn't help. Some does do not nurse as long as someone is around.
Thanks so much

Back