Bunnies and Badgers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrel

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have just discovered that something has been digging holes in ourgarden and I think it is a badger. I was just wondering if weshould be discouraging our nightime visitors incase they pass anythingonto our bunnies. We do put our bunnies out in the garden fora couple of hours each day and I don't want to risk them gettinginfected with something horrid. Does anyone have any thoughtsor advice?

Thanks

I just want to say that any time you let yourbunnies outside you run the risk of them catching something.After Lenci died of flystrike and ever since Iszy got sick with thisrare bacteria, my rabbits are no longer allowed outside.

I would be worried about the badger hurting therabbits. They do eat small mammals, even though this sitesays it is a small part of their diet. I would worry thatdomestic bunnies might look a bit too tasty, though.:?

http://www.badgerecology.org/BEdiet.htm

Not to mention they can be vicious when guarding their dens.That is from personal experience! Frankly, I wouldn't feelsafe with large members of the weasel family about, even if they arecute.:p Is there a way you could scare the badger away?

Hi

I've tried keeping it out of the garden - it is fenced all the wayround. Everytime I block up one of it's holes it just digs anew one. I don't really want to hurt it and I don't fancysitting up all night waiting for it. Does anyone have anyother suggestions as to how to get rid of my friend Brock!?

Thanks

I dunno if the products made to rid of gophersworks for badgers too, but they make tons of lines of "ultrasonic"repellers that emits a high frequency sounds that disturbs the gopherso much they dont want to come back ... they make them for deersquirrels everything ..

..herre is just one link to one product but if you go on google andsearch for ultra sonic pest repellent tons of them come up ... i likedthis one because if you click back to the article they have otheroptions of dealing with the pests as well...one of them is coyote urine(yuck!) but none the less different options.

http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page1988.html

hope this helps!

Lissa wrote:
Iszy got sick with this rare bacteria, my rabbitsare no longer allowed outside.

The bacteria that was cultured in Iszy is actually very common and also carried by humans.

Pam

Latest posts

Back