Bun seems uncomfortable, is she sick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Littrell

Reaction score
Hello all, i am so very new to this site but i came here in search of other opinions and some help.
So my rabbit is about a 3 year old female, named eleanore. as of the past day, she has been acting odd and im very worried. More recently, i switched her from pellets to regular hay full time. I feed her greens on the regular as well. At first things were great. She was eating the hay, drinking tons of water too! Then i noticed that her poop was larger and more egg shaped, compared to her little round pellet poops. Then all today, she has been off. She is still Eating and drinking normally, but now she is shifting about her (rather large) cage, and flopping excessively, almost as if she Cant get comfy. She keeps switching laying positions as well.
I checked her ears and they were warm, so i cooled them off with a cold washcloth. I also gave her cold water to drink.
Usually she comes to me eagerly for kisses and pets but she seems now to either avoid me or not care that im there.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Im very worried about my baby.

Did you slowly change the diet for your rabbit or did you abruptly change the diet.

If it was abruptly, just feel the stomach if it feels normal. You have nothing to worry about. But is it hard and feel really full, she can have gases in the stomach. Keep an eye on your buns droppings.

Make sure she eats hay and drinking her water, often it will go back to normal again.

I often see egg shaped droppings, when my buns had something different but it often go back to normal. After they had their normal diet for a couple of days.

Also if it really warm outside, rabbits have a tendency to become antisocial because of the heat.

http://www.specialbunny.org/gas-stasis/

Did you slowly change the diet for your rabbit or did you abruptly change the diet.

If it was abruptly, just feel the stomach if it feels normal. You have nothing to worry about. But is it hard and feel really full, she can have gases in the stomach. Keep an eye on your buns droppings.

Make sure she eats hay and drinking her water, often it will go back to normal again.

I often see egg shaped droppings, when my buns had something different but it often go back to normal. After they had their normal diet for a couple of days.

Also if it really warm outside, rabbits have a tendency to become antisocial because of the heat.

http://www.specialbunny.org/gas-stasis/
Thank you! I will keep an eye on her. The diet change was a little sudden

Latest posts

Back