Bun making weird grunting/growling sound...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

Reaction score
Hello, all. My Neth. Dwarf, Madison,has recently started making this growling sound. She is about5 months old and I am going to have her spayed as soon as I find areputable vet in my area. She hasn't bitten me oranythingandshe only makes the sound once and then Ipick her up and she's fine. Is this normal or is it abehavioral problem (aggression)? She lives in a huge crate inthe house and she goes outside everyday for a run in her 8x8enclosure. Thanks :)

G'Morning, Jen,

Yes it's quite normal. Buck Jones is right. It's a way of saying 'backoff'. It may stop after she's spayed. They tend to calm down, but notoffering any guarantees. She's letting you know her territory. BigLittle Girl that she is.

Let us know how it works out with her operation when the time comes.

:)

-Carolyn

Buck Jones wrote:
Grunt, snort, honk, oink...usually displays ofdispleasure. Not necessarily aggression, but kindof a warning to back off, for the most part.

LOL! Gotta luv the bunnies! Iszy is a big grunter. :)

We call it 'gronking'!! You can't help but laughbut they don't like that, they are trying really hard to be tough andtell you off :D

Luv does that and if you dont listen she bites me. Mean bunny haha. More like i should listen to her.

Cristy

One of mine is spayed and she still grunts whenplaying. it is just the way she is, very vocal, but nonecessarily upset.

Ed

Shockingly enough neither of my two girls do it(and they are awaiting spaying) but once in awhile, Jezebel will give adefinite whine. She likes to portray being such a strong big girl, butreally? She is a suck at heart :)

Cher

Latest posts

Back