bun died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See Spanky's post, that's why it cameback. Besides, it was an informative thread and it does helpto go back and revisit such issues as new members come on the forum andcan give us more detail.

:)

-Carolyn

I'm sorry for your loss. You and Chole will beunited again when the time is right. :)My thoughts andprayers go to you.

:pink iris:Katy, Emmy & I

Carolyn wrote:
SeeSpanky's post, that's why it came back. Besides, it was aninformative thread and it does help to go back and revisit such issuesas new members come on the forum and can give us more detail.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

Thank you. My real name is Joyce and my rabbitsname was Daisy. Spanky is a name I would consider if I wereto get a new rabbit. It was the nickname I gaveDaisy. Even though his name was Daisy, he was a he, not ashe.

Anyone will tell you I did not neglect him nor his bonded mate Dolly (ashe) in the least. In fact, everyone says they were the mostspoiled rabbits they ever knew. I took them out once everyweek to romp in the backyard grass. I harnessed them andleashed them and they loved chewing grass and sniffing thebreezes!I refilled a huge pile of fresh timothy hay in theirpen daily,gave them each a papaya pill at least twice aweek; pineapple chunks, papaya chunks at least once aweek. They were fed on timothy based pellets, and they had 3huge liter bottles of water in their pen. I cleaned their penthroughly once every week without fail. I also gave them apile of fresh cut and washed leafy green vegetables every singleday. The vet knew all this and had no clue what caused him toget the GI Stasis. He did have his teeth trimmed on June 8th,one month ago, and died on July 6, last week. I don't know if the teethtrimming may have caused a problem, but the vet determined he needed tohave it done, and this was his 3rd time.

Daisy was tiny - only 3 lbs. He had alot of spunk in him andI am so overwhelmed with grief. If there are any other websites thatanyone knows of that I can talk to some knowledgeable individuals toget some kind of understanding as to what caused this, or maybe peoplewho have been through this same thing, please let me know.The vet told me I could expect a call from a grief counselor that daywe put him to sleep last week, but no calls yet.

Thanks to you all!

Joyce

"If there are any other websites that anyone knows of that I can talkto some knowledgeable individuals to get some kind of understanding asto what caused this, or maybe people who have been through this samething, please let me know. Joyce"

We can only throw out some guesses. A thorough necropsy andtesting might reveal the initial cause of illness. GI stasisis sometimes brought on by a virus, then a bacterial infection can setin. Another health problem may have predisposedyour rabbit to illness.

Pam

So sorry Spanky (Joyce),

You did everything you could to help Daisy. Daisyand Dolly are very lucky to have you. Everyonehere can feelthe loss ofyour Daisy. There could of beensome other reason for him to get sick, but you did the bestyou could to help him.

Rainbows!

pamnock wrote:
"If there areany other websites that anyone knows of that I can talk to someknowledgeable individuals to get some kind of understanding as to whatcaused this, or maybe people who have been through this same thing,please let me know. Joyce"

We can only throw out some guesses. A thorough necropsy andtesting might reveal the initial cause of illness. GI stasisis sometimes brought on by a virus, then a bacterial infection can setin. Another health problem may have predisposedyour rabbit to illness.

Pam

Thank you,

He seemed very healthy and I took him for regular checkups at thevet. My vet is considered one of the top rabbit vets here inMichigan Detroit Area. She was recommended to my by theMichigan Rabbit Rescue Organization, where I adopted my Dolly, whobonded immediately with Daisy.

Daisy was like my child. I am 46 years old, marriedand have no children. I gave him the best care, paid alot ofattention to him and Dolly and watched their diets. I wouldhold and sing to him. He was so beautiful and brought me somuch joy!I'm still reeling in shock - it all happened sosuddenly. I have been crying on and off since hedied. I tried to dowload his picture but it won'ttake. I may get my husband to help me later. Thanksso much for your input. I really appreciate it.

Joyce

Carolyn wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Scientific theory supports that the universe isconstant. Nothing ever disappears, it just changesform. It brings me comfort to know that my loved ones neverhave truly left and still exist all around me.

Pam
I'm sorry too, Spanky. This may be of some comfort, I hope.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
Thankyou so much. This touches my heart and I know deep downsomeday I will see my beloved Daisy again.
Joyce (Spanky)

-Carolyn

Pet_Bunny wrote:
So sorry Spanky (Joyce),

You did everything you could to help Daisy. Daisyand Dolly are very lucky to have you. Everyonehere can feelthe loss ofyour Daisy. There could of beensome other reason for him to get sick, but you did the bestyou could to help him.

Rainbows!

Thanks, I really need to hear this! I was ridden with guilt thinking"Why didn't I pay even more attention to him???" Now I haveto watch Dolly. She is depressed - hiding in the boxes in herpen downstairs. She misses him and I feel sad for her. I wasso attached to him - I have pictures of him in some rooms of the house,on my screen saver, had a mousepad made of him when he was a baby, andpictures at my work. He was my first pet ever - one that wasmy own to take care of. I had him only 4 short years and feelvery cheated. Thanks again for your support.

Joyce,

I'm so So Sorry I didn't respond to this. I never saw yourmessage. Buck Jones had a book in his collection called "TheSouls of Animals" by Gary Kowalski. I haven't read it yet,but the Table of Contents looks very interesting and it might besomething you might look up that hopefully would give youcomfort.ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1883478219/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-7776960-8649717#readerpage

As I said to someone else recently, "they" (whoever 'they' are) saythat anything that is loved or loves does cross over intoHeaven. Although with the death of my best friend and myfaith being rocked, I usually believe that. These days, I'mgoing on blind faith.

I will continue to pray for you. I'm so sorry.

-Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joyce. I'm not having a very goodday today. Missing Lenci like you're missing Daisy.We should talk again really soon.

Hi Lissa,

I can relate. Try hard to keep your spirits up. Theweekend is when I can talk because of my limitations on myminutes. I will email you.

Your friend from Bunnydom,

Joyce

Carolyn, thank you so much for sharing. I willcheck into this book. I think my sister would also like it.She lost a collie she loved dearly a few years ago and still talksabout her Lad to this very day. I too will go on blind faithas you call it. I have to believe I will see my beloved Daisywhen I leave this place. Thinking any other way isunbearable.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back