Bun Bun not pooping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimples1967

Reaction score
BB had soft poop sometime between 11:30 pm ans 10:30 am. Now he hasn't pooped since 11 am. Called rabbit vet and they said she'd call after seeing her patients. She never called!!! He's peeing, but I don't think he's esring as much as normal. Help!!!:(

I'd call the vet back or try another one. Various advice here has included pineapple juice, papaya, and pumpkin. Is the stomach hard? If so that would be gas and you'll need simethecone.

dimples1967 wrote:
He pooped!! He pooped!! Tomorrow's we get to clean his butt!! Fun, fun, since hes an English angora.
--now is the time to study and get as much info about gi-stasis,and husbandry---i am not saying you are stupid,your heart is in the right-spot,,this is great,,-you will love it as the plan comes together--if you cannot find info in this rol library try this link http://www.medirabbit.com and let us know how it goes,--sincerely james waller:big wink:

I believe your rabbit was constipated. Yes it can happen. When this happens, get an apple, cut it in pieces and give to your rabbit. It will help your rabbit poop. When Sweetie had constipation, I gave her an apple and she went poop after eating the apple.

It's always a good idea to have simethicone (infant anti-gas) on hand. My bunny ingests so much hair that he's always trying to pass some hairballs, which also give him gas. Gurgling definitely sounds like gas-try tummy massages too if the stomach is soft. You can feel the gas bubbles popping. Happy bum-cleaning :D

Thanks all!! I brush him every day to try to prevent stasis from all of his hair. Yesterday everything was working perfectly. He gets neutered on Wednesday, as he's started to spray and poop outside his box. Wish me luck!!

Latest posts

Back