Buck Jones

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

Greetings Friends,

Next to Pamnock, I don't know anyone who knows more about rabbits orwill go to the ends of the Earth to help them other than Buck Jones.

His words of wisdom, knowledge, patience, and kindness has taught me how to communicate with you.

Buck Jones has had many years of experience as he has rescued many manyrabbits from being meat rabbits or disposed of because they developeddimples that would've disqualified them as show rabbits. He has a deeplove for them and has researched and experienced enough to be a vet.

Such a devotion should be recognized, and you'll all benefit should you follow his advice.

Most sincerely,
-Carolyn

How gracious of you to post this,Carolyn. I firmly believe in giving people their dues whilethey can hear and appreciate them.

I've lurked on this board for quite a while and I can truly attest toBuck's spirit of compassion and wisdom. People like him are atrue rarity in this world.

Many blessings upon you, Buck, for all of the good that you do.

Actually, is Buck a vet or something???

Buck is really had a hand at his profound and detailed explanation and I must say that I am greatly impressed!!!:)

Hi Carolyn,

I couldn't agree with you more! Over the past few years I havebenefited from his posts. He has given me insight as to their behavior.I now know what to feed and what not to feed. Without him, I would be a"Dumb Bunny"!! Kudos for our "friend" who, even when grieving, hastaken the time to share his vast knowledge with us.

Thank you so much for giving him the "pat on the back" that he so well deserves.

Charlotte

*Claps*

Couldn't have said it better myself! And I agree with Carolyn.

Laura

You said it carolyn!!!
I havnt been here long but whenever i have read his comments and posts i realise that he really is a true rabbit lover!
Well done Buck!
Lots o' love
Loz n ebs n fudge

Geez, I'm sitting here trying to compose a ratherlengthy response to the query regarding pineapple's effectiveness intreating fur balls, but I'm having difficulty concentrating becausethere is an incessant ringing in my ears. My first reactionto that ringing is, "What's going wrong with me now, health wise?"

Finally finish the response and click on Buck Jones, to onlyfind out that all you guys have been singing my praises and lauding meto the high heavens. No wonder my head is gonging like a bellat Christmas time!

Well, all I can say is that you are very kind and considerate to sayall those nice things. I, myself, am grateful that you mayfind some of my posts of interest, as I know I can go onrather long at the tooth sometime, in an effort to bethorough. I do know my limitations, however, and will onlypost to those topics I am familiar with, have had experience, have readabout, or learned directly from another rabbit fancier.

It is those very self-same limitations, though, that drive meto forumslike this, where I can learn something neweveryday about our furry little friends from suchwonderfulpeople as you all are.

Thank you very much for being my Internet friends.

Buck:D

lol, Buck. Despite that post being very long aboutpineapple, it was very informative. And you are a true animal person asyou realise you can't possibly know everything there is to know aboutrabbits. Thanks for the information on the hairball "remedies."

Laura

Greetings Buck,

I don't find your posts long in the tooth, I find them thorough and complete.

In a day and age where everyone abbreviates and keeps thing short anddisposable, I find it refreshing and complimentary that you take thetime to care enough to explain your experiences and knowledge.

Your style doesn't need to be corrected or changed; it's perfect justas it is. Thanks for replies that go into further detail so that we canbetter understand the cause/effect of the situation at hand.

-Carolyn

I too agree with Carolyn, I said your posts arelong, but ever word you say is necessary in making the post make asmuch sense as possible to average person. :)They are veryimformative and you do not need to change the style at all, it's goodto have long explanitory posts.

woot woot to buck. and pamnock. andcarolyn. and everyone else on here. sometimes ill read a post &im like "wow, i hope i get that bunny-smart someday!" its so nice toknow that if i have a question, i dont have to call the vet rightaway-i have my own little circle of bunny expertise right here!:p

Do you guys know who Buck Jones is?

Not OUR Buck Jones, but

THE Buck Jones?

-Carolyn

Hi Batbunny,

Buck Jones was a western movie star of the black and white silent films.

I'm not quite sure of his history, but I know of one thing; the Man hada heart of Gold and he was deemed a hero among many. I'm not speakingof the actor, I'm speaking of the Man. I don't know what his real namewas.

I'm foggy on this, so bear with me, but I believe they were honoring Buck at a nightclub somewhere for being a Good Samartan.

The nightclub caught on fire, and Buck Jones died that night.

No one's quite sure where his body was found, but some believe that hedied in the fire that night while saving the lives of others--which iswhat The Man had done for so many in his lifetime.

-Carolyn

Real name was Charles Frederick Gebhart(sometimes spelled Gebhard or Gebhardt)

And, he was all that! You , young wippersnappers, wouldn'tremember his western movies, which were shown during the early days ofTV, along with those of Ken Maynard, Hoot Gibson, Johnny Mack Brown,Lash LaRue, Bob Steel, and Buster Crabbe, to name but a few, but Icertainly do!

Ya wonder where my "name" came from? Had nothing to do with rabbits. *chuckle* *chuckle*

Buck :D

Wow! This is all such interesting history! Thanks for sharing this info with us.

I can see from this that the spirit of THE Buck Jones lives on in OUR Buck Jones! :D

Ya got that right, BunnyMommy!! :dude: Well said!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back