Broccoli

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
Can you fed to much Broccoli ?:?

I would only give your bunny just a little bit of broccoli at a timeas it can give some bunnies bad gas...i don't feed my bunnies any broccoli at all cause it gave my Jack bad gas years ago hegot very sick,so i just never fed it again...other people do feed it to their buns and they do just fine with it...

But yeah i wouldgive just a little at a time if your bunny is ok with it.

cheryl wrote:
I would only give your bunny just a little bit of broccoli at a timeas it can give some bunnies bad gas...i don't feed my bunnies any broccoli at all cause it gave my Jack bad gas years ago hegot very sick,so i just never fed it again...other people do feed it to their buns and they do just fine with it...

But yeah i wouldgive just a little at a time if your bunny is ok with it.
Thank you so much ,I will be safe and not give her any. Even though she loves it

If she loves broccoli then there is no harm in giving her a little at a time..just keep an eye on her and see how she goes with it :)

cheryl wrote:
If she loves broccoli then there is no harm in giving her a little at a time..just keep an eye on her and see how she goes with it :)
So maybe three times a week instead of every day :D

Yeah that sounds good...but since she's ok with it maybe justa little bit every day would be ok.

Thanks

That's ok :)

Every rabbit is different in terms of what vegetables they like and can handle. Some rabbits get horrible gas from certain vegetables and other rabbits never react to it.

My buns get the pieces of broccoli left over from cooking. Whatever doesn't get cooked for my dinner, the buns get. None of mine have ever had gas from broccoli.

With any vegetable, just introduce it slowly. Give a small piece to see if they have a bad reaction to it. If they have no reaction, give them a bit more next time and keep increasing until they are eating the amount desired. And just keep adding veggies that way.

-Dawn

Ok dum question :DHow can you tell if they have gas ?

Tessie wrote:
They're in pain, so they'll exhibit whatever behavior you associate with that. They'll be reluctant to eat. Most obvious would be being hunched up and grinding their teeth loudly (as opposed to a more relaxed posture and gentle tooth purring). Obviously, they'll exhibit the same symptoms if they're in pain for other reasons, too, so you need to be a bit of a detective.

I gave Scone MacBunny broccoli as an evening snack for years and he loved it. As he got older, though, it began to effect him. I didn't realize it at first, but eventually I made the connection between giving him broccoli and lack of appetite and pain symptoms the next morning. No more broccoli for Scone.

Simethecone is effective if the bun has gas, although Scone hates the taste and won't let me give him any.

MikeScone wrote:
Tessie wrote:
They're in pain, so they'll exhibit whatever behavior you associate with that. They'll be reluctant to eat. Most obvious would be being hunched up and grinding their teeth loudly (as opposed to a more relaxed posture and gentle tooth purring). Obviously, they'll exhibit the same symptoms if they're in pain for other reasons, too, so you need to be a bit of a detective.

I gave Scone MacBunny broccoli as an evening snack for years and he loved it. As he got older, though, it began to effect him. I didn't realize it at first, but eventually I made the connection between giving him broccoli and lack of appetite and pain symptoms the next morning. No more broccoli for Scone.

Simethecone is effective if the bun has gas, although Scone hates the taste and won't let me give him any.
thank you I guess it wasn't a dumb question

Latest posts

Back