Breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itstrist

Reaction score
I Currently have a netherland dwarf rabbit that's getting ready to be breeding age. he is a buck & a smoke pearl marten. I plan on getting a doe and breeding them for a 4H project. I'm looking at does to purchase and came across this little doll. would
she be a good color to breed him to? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405229520.031301.jpg

Gosh she is really cute. She also sits really nicely which makes me think she has a nice body structure. Others probably know about which colors are showable. I know with the broken pattern there is a rule that you have to have more than 10% colour on the body and if there is too much white its not showable. To keep from getting too much white its best to breed a broken with a solid.

She appears to be a blue otter. That should be an okay color to breed him with. I don't love her body type though, she looks long in the shoulder and midsection. That's a difficult thing to improve on NDs.

I'm just wondering what color verities would you get out of the two?

There are a number of possibilities, any dilute self or tan patterns are possible (without knowing the full pedigree info): blue, blue otter, smoke pearl, smoke pearl marten, etc.

she is pedigreed and the mother was supposedly very a good mom so I wanted her because I know ND can be hard to breed so I was hoping she'd have the same qualities. do you think I shouldn't get her?

Many rabbits from reputable breeders are pedigreed. A pedigree is just a piece of paper outlining the rabbit's ancestors - it's not a mark of higher quality or anything like that. It is important for breeding rabbits to be pedigreed so that you have a history of their lineage, but that alone doesn't tell you whether the rabbit is ideal for a breeding program.

Do you have a posed photo of your buck so we can help you decide?

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405317198.718743.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405317240.709374.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405317267.832781.jpg
I don't really have any posed photo's of him because he absolutely hates when he forced to do anything. he's very sassy lol. this is the best pictures I have of him.

Latest posts

Back