Breeding a Hotot male with a black Dutch female

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: Your reply is very heated andunjustly so. My post merely sought to pose valid questions asto whycrossbreeding this pairwould even be takeninto consideration andquestioningwhether or not thepitfalls of breedinghad everbeenconsidered.Why is it that you'veattacked me in your post? Is it because I've chosen toquestion you and speak out on my disapproval ofcrossbreeding? Proabably so.

Due toyour highly emotional replyin whichyou obviously misunderstood my post's intention..I am notgoing to bother responding further as this forum is neither the timenor place for arguements and you seem to be only looking to argueinstead of listen. I am nothing more than a concerned rabbitlover and yours post came off as those of someone naive andunknowledgeable in the matter of rabbit breeding, a byb if youwill. I do not say this to 'offend'..its just how the postcame off and seeing as how your post did not elaborately stateotherwise one has to assume these things.

I will not be responding to this thread again.

:foreheadsmack:I am sorry that my reply cameacross as heated and that you seem to think I was attacking you. I wasin no way trying to do so. Everything that I wrote was meant to be readas calm and friendly....after all, I really did just want you tounderstand that I am not a naive and unappreciative person.

In no way was I looking to argue!!:shock:

The thing that I was trying to get you to understand is that yourcomments really had nothing to do with my initial question...andperhaps this misunderstanding wouldn't have happened had you asked me"Do you plan on actually breeding the two buns? If so, here is somehelpful info....etc etc"

Instead of feeling like you were giving me friendly advice in yourreplies, I felt as though you were lashing out at me and lecturing me,even though I had no intention of breeding the two rabbits! (I hope youunderstand this :S )

I may have seemed emotional in my reply because I felt as though youwere punishing me just for having the thought "I wonder...." in myhead, about my rabbits.

However, your concern was noted.And seeing as how you are abreeder of the lil creatures that this community adores, I do not haveany ill feelings towards you.......it's just that my intention inreplying to your post was only to tell you that I'm only askingaboutwhat my rabbits babies would look like....and notactually saying 'what will they look like, because I'm going to breedmy rabbit'....ya know?

I am sorry this misunderstanding took place.....I hope that we will still be in contact on the forums in the future.

-Teri

OK I have ben watchingthisthread . mainly because I loved the look of thelittle hotot with Dutch markings ,

I have read every Line that TM worte ,AND never once did I see her say She wasgoing to breed this particular Rabbit ,

What part of crious isnt beingunderstood? I understood her tosay she was curious as towhat the Babies wouldlook like , She got her answerand some beautiful pictures to goalong with this curiosity . Oncethe question was asked I myselfwas curious to see the endresult , Thank You Pam for posting them ,

If you think about it Everyoneit wasnt nice to jump to conclusions witha new Member .

BitterCowgal wrote:
:shock: Your reply is very heated and unjustlyso. My post merely sought to pose valid questions as towhycrossbreeding this pairwould even be taken intoconsideration andquestioningwhether or not thepitfalls of breedinghad everbeenconsidered.Why is it that you'veattacked me in your post? Is it because I've chosen toquestion you and speak out on my disapproval ofcrossbreeding? Proabably so.

Due toyour highly emotional replyin whichyou obviously misunderstood my post's intention..I am notgoing to bother responding further as this forum is neither the timenor place for arguements and you seem to be only looking to argueinstead of listen. I am nothing more than a concerned rabbitlover and yours post came off as those of someone naive andunknowledgeable in the matter of rabbit breeding, a byb if youwill. I do not say this to 'offend'..its just how the postcame off and seeing as how your post did not elaborately stateotherwise one has to assume these things.

I will not be responding to this thread again.

Excuse YOU, Bittercowgirl, but your post Was Rude and assuming that theoriginal poster was going to dive into breeding without anyconsideration of what the outcome would be. She would not behere if she didn't care and I don't appreciate you speaking that way tosomeone who's asking a good and valid question. Don't assumeyou know where the poster is coming from upon first reading athread. You don't know what that person has or is dealingwith.

If you are indeed a bitter person, take it elsewhere. It won't be tolerated here, I can assure you of that.

TM,

I'm sorry you were dealt with in this way. Pamnock is an ARBAjudge and as you can see, she knows more about rabbits than anyone elseon this forum. She's definitely a great resource for you totap into.

I'm sorry you were lectured. It was unfair andrude. Please PM me if you should have any problems in thefuture.

-Carolyn

Hotots aren't necessarilymy favorite breed, but this one is ADORABLE!

attachment.php

Carolyn,

I already said I was sorry if my post came off asrude. I did not intend for it to be so. Yes I madean assumption and jumped to a conclusion...my bad.I am only human. My post was meant only with thebest of intentions...to educate. Also yes..Pam is avery very smart woman and knows a lot about rabbits but to say sheknows more about rabbits than anyone else in the group is prettyunfair. Yes shes a judge but there are many folks out therewho know just as much and don't choose to be a judge as judges have alot of demand placed on them and not everyone is willing to take onthat responsibility.

Figures that I come here looking for a safe place to chat about rabbitswith fellow rabbit lovers and get jumped on and accused instead fortrying to encourage responsible behavior. I will beregretfully leaving the group as I will not stay where I'm not welcomenor where my experience and advice is discredited.

Teri, I just want to say hello and welcome.

You didn't offend me at all. I hope you enjoy your time withus. We have a great group here and I think that if you read other postsyou'll see we try to treat each other with respect and genuinecaring.

I look forward to talking to you more.

Tina

BitterCowgal wrote:
I hear folks using the excuse of 'They're suchnice bunnies that we want to breed to get babies just like them' allthe time. Thats not a reasonable excuse to even considerbreeding.

Just wanted to politely comment that, althoughit can indeedbean excuse for irresponsibility, breeding to get offspringfrom a much-loved animal is quite a valid reason. As long as one isprepared for babies and the attendant responsibilities, such as findinghomes and the health of the mother, the outcome can be wonderful.(note: I'm speaking of crossbreds OR purebreds bred for this reason)

This handsome young man was a product of such a breeding. His 8 1/2 yr.old father sired nine glorious healthy golden babies shortlybefore his death from a vet's mistake.All babieswerespoken for before conception. He is all his father wasand more, and I am delighted with the outcome.

c8fb7084.jpg

Rose

I wanted to thank everyone who's posted, it really shows how many people care and want to help.

Tina -- Thank you for the welcome :)

Rose -- What a handsome rabbit! He reminds me of a rabbit I had once. Thanks for the kind input :)

I can't help feelingbad about Bittercowgirl leaving....I really didn't want it to come to that. :(

Update on the bunnies: We put Quincee and Oreo together beside eachother to pose for pictures for us (the ones in my avatar) and Quincee(the Hotot boy) groomed Oreo and they got along really well and werefriendly. (but of course, that's all we allowed :p) We were excitedthat Quincee showed a friendly interest in her because he wasn't toofriendly with another rabbit before, so it's a step up for him and hissocial skills.

-Teri

P.S. -- pics on the pic page :)

Gald to hear allwent well , sometimes theydo tend to surprise us a bit lol . afterall what else would keep us onour toes lol

As for Bitter COwgirl Oh well she came inlooking for a fight when none was foundshe just left on herown no one made her leave . ohwell too bad so sad , There hasbeen way too much dramaanyways , we dont need it.

Glad you decided to stick around ,its going to be nice having youwith us.

Latest posts

Back