Breed question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in America there is Holland and Mini, and Mini is larger than Holland. According to ARBA he weighs too much for a show Holland but that doesn't mean he isn't one necessarily, he just wouldn't meet breed standards. You'd have to look closely at the shape of his face and ears too know the difference, and I'm afraid I'm not well versed enough myself to tell you. Unless you're going to be breeding or showing him knowing that he's a Holland/Mini lop or mix should be enough for behaviour and vet needs. :)

I second broken mermaid!

With that smushed face and the ears are more spoon like instead of just long and skinny I am going to go with Holland. 5 lbs could just be a big Holland like said above. Hence why I said the weight may tell the breed but between the two the 5lb range is a huge gray area as it could be a small mini or a bud/bub (big ugly doe/big ugly buck) Hollands. Sorry I didn't make up the nicknames it's just something common in dwarf breeds

Latest posts

Back