Breed Of Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otS3go

Reaction score
barn6.jpg
Ok, Barney (as heis now known)...(he has also now been sexed... what a horrific ordealthat was), now I have forgot what I was going to say :S with all thebrackets and all...

Ok, begin again, can anyone tell me what breed Barney is? I havesupplied a nice directory of pics of the little guy :p. Also is itnormal for him to lie on his side and he his legs facing his back :S...he is very weird
Barn1.jpg

barn3.jpg
barn4.jpg
barn5.jpg

Aww we cannot see this rabbit... post the pic again if you can...

Oh we're moving to Notts soon... near Kirkby in Ashfield in fact! :D

Aww he looks gorgeous!

Not sure for certain but he looks like an English. Does he have a tan line down his back with spots?

Oh and yes, as to him lying on his side... our Henry does it all thetime... Here's a picture of him lying next to the freezer for a bit ofcold air after a nice run about...

I mean with his legs sticking out the wrong wayround. Don't know if you can see in the photo, but thats what he isdoing rofl. And yes, he does have a line down his back and a few spots:p. Looks like he has the St Georges cross on his back... only not inred :p

LOL what an excuse to post pics of cute lil bunnies?! :D

Oh I've never seen Henry, Rosie or her babies, Binky or Max doing thatbefore! As long as he's not hurting himself, I don't see itbeing a problem.

Maybe some of the more experienced rabbit breeders can help...Pam? Carolyn? Buck? Dennis?Anyone?! :D

I'm not familiar withwhich breeds in the UK most commonly have Barney'scoloration (Tri color). In the US, it's a color most common in the MiniRex (he's not a Mini Rex). Rhinelanders are genetic Trisalso. He may just be a "charlie" Rhinelander who's missinghis dorsal stripe and side markings. The Rhinelander is abeautiful breed weighing 6-8 lbs. Scroll down tothe Rheinsche Schecken on this pagehttp://www.kaninchenwuertt.de/_html/krassen/mittelgrosse.htm

Here's the website to the US NationalRhinelander clubhttp://www.angelfire.com/ri2/Rhinelander/

Other breeds or even mixedbreeds may have that coloration, so it's hard to know for certainexactly what breed your beautiful bunny is.

Pam

I noticed that the one link isn't workingwhen I click on it . . . you may have to manually type itinto the addy bar

http://www.kaninchen-wuertt.de/_html/krassen/mittelgrosse.htm

I think you have hit the nail on the head withthat post :p. The pic here shows his Dorsel Stirpe, I thought it as aracing stripe :p. And do we need excuses to post cute pics of bunnies?

otS3go wrote:
Imean with his legs sticking out the wrong way round. Don't know if youcan see in the photo, but thats what he is doing rofl.
Yeah, my babies do that too! It's cute.

I think it means "I'm a dead-tired bunny"!

Rose

I have never seen a bunny pose such as that~ onlymy families cat back home! It's sooocute Ilove that photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cher

Maybe Barney is half cat half rabbit? rofl. Ithink he might have fell asleep in that pose, he didnt move for about20 minutes. I will wait for him to do it again and take a betterpicture than the one from my phone :p. Glad you all like the pic.

My flexible friend is still my barclaycard :p.Today for the first time he pooped in the living room... he has neverdone this before in 3 days... not long i know but still i'm mystified..and i geta guilty feeling and he looks sadly when he is putout for the night.... :(. Any idea why he has suddenly decided to markthe living room as his territory?

Latest posts

Back