Bread?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bread is an unhealthy "filler", empty of thenecessary nutrients and fiberimportant to a rabbit'sbalanced, healthy diet. Unless a rabbit will not eat anyother foods, I would avoid breads, except for an occasional treat ofdried, whole grain bread.

Pam

I don't order pizza very much, but when I do,I'll give a small piece of the crust to my rabbits as a special treatand they wild over it.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Idon't order pizza very much, but when I do, I'll give a small piece ofthe crust to my rabbits as a special treat and they wild over it.

:)

-Carolyn

Sounds like me with jelly beans LOL :p

Pam

I don't recommend bread because it is not part of a healthy, balanced diet for your rabbit.

Pam

On ocassion I will drop a crutonortwofor them but I dont think its "good" for them,definatly not something I'd introduce to them as a food to become partof thier diet.

They do go absolutly wild for crutons though

hotchocolatewithsmarties!!!!!wrote:
i feed clover dried toast which he seems to enjoy butits really for my entertainment cos he makes such a loud crunchingnoise!!!:D
Lol - Flop is a really loud eater - you can hear him a mile away lol!

I give my buns dried multi-grain bread, but onlyas a treat. I'm not even sure they actually like it, I thinkthey usually take it because I'm giving it when they are out of thecage, so it must be good, it's a treat!

Jen

So many foods so little time........Ijust barely introduced ZuPreem toPebbles. Just introduced oats thismorning. The Craisins are still in the unopenedpackage! :p

Rainbows! :)

My rabbits act as if any food is a treat! They'resuch hogs! I guess I'm lucky though... They're definitely not picky.I've never fed them anything they didn't gobble up.

Speaking of bread, the "bunny lady" whoI got our buns from suggested stale bread (whole grain best) to munchif buns got diarrhea (sp?)wow I don't think I've ever written/typedthat word. Any thoughts on that? I supposed sinceoats are good, that cheerios made from whole grain oats would helptoo? Cloey seems to have a little diarrhea too(along with regular poops too). Thanks.

lol, yer my bun fluffy can eat and eatand eat until she cant eat any more does anyone know why she eats soomuch but doesnt seem to be putting on any weigtht!!

oh and can rabbits get worms?

thanks!:D

I've fed cracked corn, so I don't think popcorn'sa prob. when it's not too much and is just plain with no butter or saltor etc.

Whole wheat bread is a great treat. Daily, in moderation.

Rose

Latest posts

Back