boy? girl? boy? girl? oh my............another gender confused bun.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jems

Reaction score
Buggles is a boy!!!:shock: The petstore told me he was a girl but when I was playing with him thisweekend I discovered something that a girl rabbit doesn't have :shock:

Let's recap. I started out with 2 femal buns. 1 thevet happily informed me is a boy. The other I think is a girlbut have not yet determined for sure. I bought anothergirl. Oops-or thought I did.

Jen

At least my pet store geek was honest. When I gotStephie she came right out and said they can't tell because she was tooyoung. It wasn't I took Steph to a very rabbit savvy vet who told methe true sex.

Yeah I know it's hard to tell when they areyoung. I have one that I think is a girl but still haven'tdecided if she is or if he's a late bloomer. We'llfind out soon enough I guess-she lives with one of the boys.

Jen

It's ok, we thought Mocha was no doubt a girl! Myopa, whose sexed rabbits many times before, said Mocha was even a girl,but he has bad eyes and I don't doubt for a second that's the reason hecouldn't tell on a 9 week old bunny.

Spice we knew for sure was a male.

But my point is that we all make mistakes, lol, it can be very tricky for the untrained (sometimes even trained) eye to tell. :)

I first thought Nepo was aboy, but then a lady from a petstore told me he was a she because shesaid she couldn't see the testicles. He is not too young he is 8 or 9months. I don't know who to beleive I think I'll stick with a boy:). Iguess when I go to neuter him I'll know.

Have a look yourself nepo! Testiclesare quite clear on Henry,they're like2pink/greyslugs in a V shape. LOL There'sno doubt he's a boy now mind you... :D

Ang xx

Lol. My bunny Savannah was also supposed to be a girl. But due to a recent discovery, it has been confirmed that he is a boy. :D

Delphinum wrote:
Have a look yourself nepo! Testicles are quiteclear on Henry,they're like2pink/greyslugs in a V shape. LOL There'sno doubt he's a boy now mind you... :D

Ang xx
I'm not good at sexing bunnies. Nepo doesn't like to be tranced and I;mafraid I'll hurt him. Maybe I'll never know :plol.

If they are old enough to be in the petstore theyare old enough to tell the sex,However i know for a fact many petstores buy 4 week old bunnies, they know its illegal they dont carethey rarely get caught.If they do get caught its only a smallfine.bluebird

Latest posts

Back