BOOMER... The little bunny with a huge personality.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well................................... I was changing his water and had the top open thinking he wouldn't go up there since he was busy eating and he never goes out that way anyways even if he is up the top of the cage........................came back with water...................................
NO BOOMER !
i figured he was out already so i shut the door to my house knowing i he wasnt in there or i would have seen him come in and sat in the sunroom until he emerged out from under the lounge. he was so happy to be out. I gave him 10 mins while i hung some laundry and popped him back in his cage. he was so happy to just lay in the sun that was shining through the glass doors and relax.... such a cutie.
I gave him a cuddle this morning to check the wound too. Looks great. feels hard and yuck from all the glue though.
Boomer is almost back to his old self now. He even bit me and tried digging through my clothes... Thats my boy! :)
well minus the biting. I figured he was just doing that so i would put him down because he has been so desperate to get out and run around.

PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS !!!

yes I know that is the real reason anyone reads these blogs....LOL

but first..... update on Boomer

Boomer had his check up on Saturday. He is 100% fine. Went fantastic healing and all is well... he is out of confinement and loving the freedom once again.
He weighed in at the vets at 1.6 kilos. and the area is already growing back with hair and almost healed completely. he was a good boy not touching his sores.

Boomer was deprived of pellets for 2 days as we ran out and i didn't have time to get more because my son was hospitalised with pneumonia. Fun times... anyways he is on the mend so all is good. And Boomer finally got some more pellets and is one happy bunny... in fact that is what all of todays photos are of. Boomer enjoying his pellets. You would think he would have appreciated all the extra greens and stuff but no he loves his pellets best.

So Boomer is almost back to his old self... he is a bit jumpy and wants to get down all the time. maybe the 2 weeks of minimal handling has made him not use to us as much or something. but he will come around and be all snuggly once again i am sure. i just hold a handful of pellets then i know he will always come to me...haha

so now for photos.

221.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

226.jpg

He is the softest thing ever!!! super fluffy and soft. I always manage to get hair up my nose or in my mouth when holding him... just a bundle of fluff he is....

Boomer is back to pretty much his old self again. loves cuddles. loves ruining everything and loves ME! yay!!!
But i swear he poops more than every now! and wees more too!!! he was literally in the bathroom for less than 1 minute and when i went in to get him out of there he had pooped 22 perfect rabbit poos and did a HUGE weeeeeeeee all over my bathroom tiles. I guess if he was going to pee somewhere in the house than that is the best place to do it! he had only minutes before done heaps of poops in his cage. so no idea what thats about. the poops are normal but it is like he holds on to it now for a long time and poops it all out at once!
his diet has definitely increased so i know more food = more poop. hope this peeing in the house too isnt something new. he is fantastic with his toilet training so that was odd to see.

Boomer is great at trying new foods too. he will eat any veggies herbs and plants but isnt a fan of fruit except for watermelon, strawberry tops and maybe the rare tiny nibble of apple. he just isnt a fruit kind of bunny. i will try dried fruits next maybe. but it isnt necessary for them to have fruit so i'm not worried. i love that he eats everything ! so always fresh food on the menu.
Hay on the other hand is a different story. he still only likes oaten. but thats fine. it is a good hay for him.

that is all that is new with Boomer for now.
xx

Boomer I missed your big day but so happy it went well and you are back to you cutie little self again. Mine aren't great fruit fans either but they do love craisins which is bunny crack lol. He's such a cutie pie, that face just makes you want to kiss it :p

He is just too **** cute!!! He needs his own blog online!! :)
Sorry I missed your birthday, I've been sick with bronchitis.

Vanessa

he didn't have a birthday yet! he is 1 in January.
so you didn't miss anything.... well you missed his big day trip to the vets for neutering. But thats it... haha i don't know if Boomer wants to celebrate that though.
I hope you are all better now ! being sick sucks! both my son and i had recently had pneumonia . Not fun at all.

I'm going to have to find craisins. never even heard of them. I hope they have them here in Australia. I want to feed my bunny bunny crack! hahaha. anything to make him love me more and more!
I might eat a few as well..... ;) i love dried fruits. except pineapples and bananas... those ones are wrong wrong wrong !
Boomer is already an addict. He is a rug muncher and i can not stop it! my boyfriend bought me a new rug but i like the one Boomer is eating better. so i haven't put the new one down. he doesn't eat it , he just likes to tear it all out constantly and throw the wool strands around.

Does anyone else think that celery makes bunny wee and poo stink more??? i swear it does. Boomer has eaten heaps of celery the last week and man that litter box has some funky smells if i don't clean it out daily. im running low on fresh stuff but have an abundance of celery, so hence the large celery consumption.
i'm testing to see if my theory is right and giving him no celery at all next week. i will observe the results of my theory and let you know if there is any truth in it.... It is like Boomer wears celery scent perfume too... LOL he smells fresh and crisp! just not his poo and wee.

Well i'm off back to work for a meeting.... WAAAAHHHHHHH ! might take Boomer with me just because i can. work meetings suck! having Boomer there will make it 100x better!
x

I thought he hit one already!! Man, I guess that is a senior moment here!
If you can't find Craisins, which is dried cranberries in Australia, PM me and I can send you a bag for Boomer to try from the US. No worries...

I haven't been giving my menagerie heaps of celery only last night I gave all 5 of my guys some and most of them ignored it!
They were looking for the Kale that I had ran out of!

I bought new throw rugs for the bunny areas and they are eating them all up also!!!

Boomer is such a cutie anyway!

Vanessa

oh we should be able to get dried cranberries. we have normal cranberries so i guess they would be available in dried form too. thanks for filling me in.

speaking of food.... i was sitting in front of Boomer's cage today hand feeding him kale and carrot through the bars... and i realised that i have never tried kale before... so what do i do next.... yep eat Boomer's food !!! sat munching on a kale leaf while he took bites of it too...hahaha. well i learnt i am not a fan of kale on it's own. i guess i will have to eat it with something and decide if i really like it or not. it tasted like a sweet cabbage. weird. and well i knew what carrots tasted like so i didnt bother eating them... but then i thought HMMMMMMMMM i wonder what rabbit pellets taste like... well..... let me tell you... NOT NICE! tasted like a really yucky piece of weatbix. and then i though again... HAY.... lol.... well hay tastes like it smells... LOL... couldnt swollow that bit even if i tried so spat it out promptly .
Ok you probably all think i am the biggest weirdo now for trying all of Boomer's food...HAHAHA but i wonder how many of you have tried it before... if it is good enough for my baby then it must be good...(well it's not but you get what i am saying i hope) i didn't go as far as trying the hard hay cubes or the weeds from the garden. there came a point where i DID think enough is enough. that point was somewhere after the yucky pellets and hay....

Oh something AWESOME and COOL happened today.
My son has a yabbie now (freshwater crayfish) and we have had it only a month or so... well today i was feeding it because my son is away for the weekend. when i was feeding the yabbie it fell on to its side and i thought i killed it because i didnt eat and always eats what we put in there right away, also i never seen it on its side before. so instantly i thought i killed it! anyways when i looked closer i could see the shell coming away at the back! i sat and watched for about 3 minutes and the yabbie shed its skin/shell right in front of my eyes. AMAZING to watch. wish i took a recording of it to show my son and everyone else. it's one of the coolest things i have ever seen.

and the other cool thing i seen tonight is.......................
i went to a hypnotist show tonight. too chicken to join in and go on stage but had a big laugh at all the funny things that he was able to get the people to do.
i am a huge skeptic of those kinds of things. and i am still unsure if i believed it , but it was super funny anyway!!! i had a good laugh at other peoples expense.

and then i had the best hot french fries from hungry jacks on the way home...HAHA . what else is there to eat at 1am ! best part of the night.... !

I can't say I've tried pet food as an adult, but I know for certain that when I was a little kid that I used to eat the cats' biscuits out of their bowl, lol.

I'm going to have to find craisins. never even heard of them. I hope they have them here in Australia. I want to feed my bunny bunny crack! hahaha. anything to make him love me more and more!

Yep, any supermarket should have them, with the sultanas and other packaged dried fruit. Bandit goes absolutely crazy for craisins and will instantly obey any command I give him, they're like some mystical power food, lol.

Last edited:
well i found them... but they were just called dried cranberries.... lol.
And I tried one before i gave any to Boomer... and i liked it !! yummy.
Now Boomer on the other hand... when i offered him one he sniffed it... then licked it... then took it from my hand ... then dropped it on the ground and there it has stayed all afternoon... i dont think he likes cranberries. :( oh well, i will just eat them all.
I will leave it in his cage until morning and see if it is still there. He did however eat the strawberry tops i gave him. He gobbled them up quick!

Hahahahahahaaa. I can be odd at times. I get strange ideas in my head and run with them. Eating animal food is NOT recommended people.
next thing you know i will be chewing up wooden pegs and chewing on the litter box just like Boomer...haha.

Boomer didnt get any outside time today. I wasn't home today... he is going to go crazy when he gets out tomorrow.

I feel like i have actually has a social life this weekend... actually going out 2 days/nights in a row and seeing people, instead of just working all the time.. oh it feels good to get some adult time sometimes.
I'm procrastinating now because i know how much work is ahead of me tonight because i didn't do any this weekend...

Oh my son also played a league bowling tournament today and came 2nd... woooo. GO DOM !!! To bad i wasn't there to see it.

Hahahahahahaaa. I can be odd at times. I get strange ideas in my head and run with them. Eating animal food is NOT recommended people.
next thing you know i will be chewing up wooden pegs and chewing on the litter box just like Boomer...haha...

...Oh my son also played a league bowling tournament today and came 2nd... woooo. GO DOM !!! To bad i wasn't there to see it.

You mean you don't chew on wooden pegs? I thought all humans did that...

Congrats to Dom.

So what day is it ......... i have seriously lost track of time/day. My normal weekly routine is all out of wack and i have been missing so many days off work over stupid stuff, like the kitchen flooding and RDO's, and taking the kid to these highschool sampler days... i missed work so much that i drove to work today (today i had a RDO booked in weeks ahead just to have a day off) just to visit the children and my staff.... haha lame i know.
The most exciting thing to happen today was...................................................... I finally built up the courage to get my tragus pierced. I have been wanting to do it for months and months now. Every time i went to go do it with my boyfriend i'd walk to the store literally walk to the front of the store and then walk straight past the store. hahaha, i'd psych myself out all the time.
Today i had not much to do so went to the local piercing place and just did it!!! not only did i do my tragus but i also added 2 more cartilage piercings to the top of my ear. I already had one there which is a star and i wanted to make like a row of 3 stars just like my tattoo.... well talk about going for it! not 1 piercing but 3 !!! I was freaking out inside the whole entire time. i am pretty sure i even told the girl how freaked out i was but i didn't show it.
so now i have had the piercings for about 2 hours and i keep forgetting they are there and going to scratch my ear and i hit it! ouch. then my hair gets tangled in them too... ARGHHHH! i thought the piercing part was bad. try bumping those things!!! Ouch ouch ouch! no idea how i will sleep tonight since they are on different sides and i am a side sleeper. hmmmmmmmmm will work that one out later...

so how about this Boomer guy.
Boomer is great. He is such a happy bunny. I bought the wrong hay today. whoops and can't take it back (lucerne ) He is still young so i guess i can feed him tiny amounts each week until it is gone, mix it through his other hay. that will probably take months since it is just i biscuit from a bale . No idea why i didnt double check what i was buying. because i got it from a large feed store that breaks down giant bales of hay... i just assumed i was getting the right hay only to find out it was lucerne hay. i'll stick to the other store for hay from now on. no mistaking there.
Boomer has pretty much stopped growing now. this month he is 8months old. 8 months doesnt sound long but i feel like i have had Boomer forever. i dont remember life without him... he is a huge part of my life and family.
My boyfriend and i went to Kmart a couple of days ago. they had this bunny toy. it is about as big as Boomer and it walks and squeaks. Of course we purchased it! i turned it on in front of Boomer to see if he would think it is another rabbit. Boomer was not interested. then when i shoved it pretty much in Boomer's face, he just tried chewing on it's nose and eyes. clearly he does not think it is another rabbit. i don't think he even knows he is a rabbit himself!
I wonder sometimes what he would be like with another rabbit.............. no i'm not getting another rabbit to find out.
well not yet anyways ;)

here is some pics of my new piercings just because i am excited to show them off. i havent told my boyfriend or shown him. i will show him on Thursday when i see him. he knows what a chicken i was being about wanting to get them done but never doing it. so i know he will be surprised to see i went and got it done, plus 2 more, plus without him there holding my hand! haha

tragus.jpg

tripple cartlidge.jpg

Today was grooming day.... Boomer is shedding soooooooooooooo much that even when i go near him i get hair up my nose and in my eyes and everywhere !!! so today i decided to give him a really good brush out and let the wind take away all of the hairs. I started inside then realised this was going to be a big job and moved to outside... using my car as a table i gave Boomer a really good brush. he has HEAPS of hair come off. enough to make 3 more rabbits!!! he loved laying in the sun ! warm days here are far and few at the moment. Heaps of rain and still cold winter days/nights. So Boomer really soaked up the warmth and sun while he was out there. i took some photos for you all to see Boomer. Don't worry, i am NOT choking him in one of the photos...hahaha.... it just looks like it.
I love his little white belly and in the middle there is a tiny brown patch, so it looks like he has a belly button... so cute!

I also went shopping in sydney yesterday. i is a 2 1/2 hour train ride from where i live. i only even go to sydney to go shopping. but whie there my boyfriend and i and one of his friends went to wild life world to see all the australian animals. i go to the aquarium all the time so thought i should mix it up a little. well they were not excited about it, but i was !!! i love watching animals. but because of their lack of enthusiasm and their speed walking to get it over and done with, we didn't spend very long there at all.
was still fun though.

oh and i got cute rabbit chop sticks and rabbit sparkly earrings at the markets. and LOTS of yummy breads from china town. we also ate there too. mmmmmmmm delicious!

I love visiting Sydney but much prefer my quieter town just a couple of hours away... big city life is not for me

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

Funny to hear about all the shedding from everyone here - because We're experiencing the same now. After Rio has been in my lap I look kind of like a bunny myself.

And that's one adorable bunny you have there :rabbithop

Latest posts

Back