Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
When Sway came I tried bonding her with Mousse but it was a no go. I ended up having to seperate Mousse and Z as he came into himself and was bothering her. I moved him into my room and had Mousse and Sway in the same hallway seperated by a baby gate. Mousse being her normal meany self chewed through the gate while I was away the next day and got in with Sway. They are now living together, no problems at all. Funny how they can bond when THEY want to :pssd:

When Mousse went for her pre-spay checkup 2 weeks ago the vet had two rabbits in the clinic looking for a home. One is a broken steel? mini rex, she is roughly 7 years old and spayed, and her mate is broken cream? himi in color mix, roughly 3 years. I decided to take them. The mix girl had an agression problem that they had been working on. The vet spayed her before I brought her home. They made it here yesterday.

Now, I am wondering how I should go about bonding everything? Mousse is going for her spay May 11th. She is very grouchy, moody, hysterical acting since Z has been taken from her. When I let Z out to play he runs right to the hallway and just sits and stares the whole time. Makes me feel horrible. I could put them back together after sheI spayed however I figure he will still be horny. There is also Sway who is un-altered. Z is not in good enough state for surgery yet. I am so confused on what I should do. Both Mousse and Z is depressed except the little time they get to spend together each day. I do not know if I should break Mousse and Sway so Z can go with Mousse, let Z stay alone and have Mousse and Sway together or do that only try and bond them with Scarlett and Kristi(the new girls)?

Easter bunny TAKE ME AWAY! :nerves1

This post is a little hard to follow because of all the names :)
There are some forum members who have unaltered animals that have bonded but in your case it sounds as if you may not have harmony in your home until everyone is altered.

Most rabbits are affected by the scent of another (especially unaltered animal ) and it affects even well bonded pairs.

IfI should allow any of my altered singles around my altered male-female pair ; the male of the pair will begin to chase and nip at the female in a possessive manner

These rabbits are already neutered animals and still possessing a lot of territotial behavior.
When I have brought an unaltered shelter rabbit home for awhile I keep him/her totally in separate room asmine usually exhibit very negative behavior; it is obvious they can smell the unalterd bun.

In your case you may decide who to bond to who but if you can get them all fixed it would make life a lot easier although the cost , of course , would be a lot if done all at once.

Back