Bonding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny parents

Reaction score
Dear all, please forgive me if my question is a silly one.
My Girl is a 4 months old Mini lop and she's been with us for two months. It just happened couple days ago while we were laying down with her on the floor. She licked my husband's pants for few seconds, then she went. And tonight she licked him again and more longer. :( I'm jealous.LOL I wish it was me ! So I'm wondering, can bunnies bond with more than one person ? Or they will be bonded with only one person in the family ? :( She's never licked me, only a bit on the pillow I use. It was so cute when she shows her affection, but will it happen with me ?
Thank you for reading. :)

They can definitely bond with more than one person! Both of our bunnies are pretty equally bonded with both my husband and I. I'll share a story about my Otto, as an example. Otto will give kisses, but he prefers to kiss my husband. My husband gets kisses whenever he wants, while I only get them if I bribe Otto with a treat. As soon as the treats run out, the kisses stop.

You might think that Otto isn't as bonded with me, yet Otto will mostly only accept pets from me, and prefers to come up on the couch with me instead of my husband. He's very bonded with both of us, just in different ways. I'm convinced that he doesn't kiss me without a bribe because he doesn't like the moisturizers and makeup I put on my face. At least that's what I tell myself :p

I'm sure that as you spend more time with her and her personality develops with maturity she will show affection in other ways. Whether she licks you or not, she will find a way to let you know that she loves you too :)

Laura, thank you so much for sharing your story with Otto. Well, I'll keep that in mind :) Anyway, I don't know if this can say that our Kimiko is different. I spend more time with her than my husband, I am often at home than he does. Well, also I'm the one who feed her, give her treats and clean her cage. I read the way to bond with your bunny on this forum, that rabbits don't like loud noise or punishing them is not a good way to deal with them, well believe it or not, my husband did that. I mean that he didn't hurt her but every time she bites something that she cannot, he will grab her out or every time he's at home, well, we can say that my husband is my beloved clumsy one :D he's quite noisy, hehehe ! But Kimiko recently shows that she loves him ! :D I'm a bit surprised. With me, she's never kissed me and barely allow me to pet her. She will run around and play with me, jumps on me when I lay down with her. I know that I think too much but she's what I ever wanted in the past and never had before. Thank you again, Laura for your answer. I'll keep spending time with her and maybe one day she will lick me too ! :D Please keep your fingers closed for me ;) ( hehe, just kidding)
Have a nice day :wave:

i spend all the time with my rabbits and though my giant likes me more...he prefers my bfs feet to mine and will layon them..but wont tolerate pets. every rabbit is different but i think its the time you put into one how well they bond with you

@ fuzz16 :) Thanks a lot. I know that she likes me too, otherwise she would grunt or thump every time I try to be near her. :) I guess I fall pretty hard for her ! :) And just sitting and watching her do her own things make me happy. I guess I just have to except the way she is and take good care of her as best as I can. Again, it's really nice that I can share my story with people here. It feels like a family, bunny family :biggrin:

For the love of Bunnies !!! :bunnyheart

By the way, I have a question about pellets. I feed my bunny Cuni Versele-Laga Cuni Complete. Is it good and match with her age ? ( She's 4 months old) Should I change the brand ? Thank you so much for all helps. :flowerskiss:

a couple of my buns will sit next to my boyfriend for cuddles but wont sit still for me,,and some of them seem to be sweeter with him..but im the main caregiver for them i feed them i clean them i make sure they are healthy..he does NONE of this..so sometimes its hard to see when they connect with someone who makes no effort for them..but i have to tell u when something scares them he is no comfort to them at all..all i have to say is "its ok".."its Ok" and u can see them instantly relax ..when he says the same thing they are still freaked out..they KNOW who cares for them and they KNOW who loves them ..they KNOW who they can trust for safety...its their momma.
thimtheone.gif

i think some bunnies kiss people because of taste more then for affection....if i have a piece of bazooka bubble gum in my mouth i can get kisses from most of my buns....
and i think men get kissed and licked alot because of their musky skin scent.....thats also why alot of buns pee on mainly the mens side of the bed....just my opinion.

:) Hey Lisa, first of all thanks for your opinion :) It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has this situation, hehe. Yes, maybe you're right, I'm no expert, that they might like guys' scents than us, but who knows. Anyway, I cook at home, perhaps she doesn't like the smell of food because every time I came back from the kitchen, she sniffed my hand and turned away, like " Ahh ! Mommm ! That's stinky ! :p ". As long as she doesn't hate me, I'm cool with it. Nice to meet you, Lisa.
Say hi to your bunnies for me :biggrin:

my buns hate when i cook too..especially if i fry something ..they hate the sound of it and 2 of my buns will "THUMP" just to let me know my cooking sucks,!! hehe.nice to meet u too Vircia!!:wave:

Latest posts

Back