Bonding Binoo and Moo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBabyboo

Reaction score
How do you start bonding 2 male rabbits? lol. I put their cages close to each other so they could get used to each others smells. Where do you start? Anyone have any youtube videos on how they bonded their males together? Binoo is a shy guy but grooms Moo threw the cage. Moo is a bit more out going, he attempted to escape the bunny room the other day, he is very social. I'm just not sure how to start this bonding. Help?

Moo keeps humping Binoo.. Thus far I have stopped him. Should I stop him?? Binoo gets away from him and when Moo continues Binoo nips at his face. No damage has been done yet but I just wanna know what you guys do?

Okay, just giving you a caveat on what I say since I only started bonding myself and I got a male/female pair but I have researched quite a bit. Now videos and sites aren't hard to find but they are just guidelines and it comes down to you to really know your bunnies well. For instance between my bunnies there had been zero humping. If yours are humping it means one is trying to establish dominance, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just then establishing hierarchy. Let is go for a few seconds, maybe 10 max, but don't let it happen over and over again especially I the humpee gets stressed. Nipping is a no no, avoid that and stop that.

Others will chime in with more and better info, but that's what I got.

Humping is pretty normal during the bonding process. The article Katie shared and blue eyes shared is my favorite. I think it covers most aspects of bonding. I referenced it several times while bonding my two.

The humping can be allowed for a few seconds as long as you don't think it will lead to a fight. It depends on where your buns are in their bonding process. Eventually they need to figure out who is boss and humping helps them to figure that out so letting them do it is needed sometimes but it's a fine line as to when and how long to allow.

It took 30 days to bond my two I started with short dates once a day on neutral territory. Then moved to non neutral territory and slowly lengthened dates until they officially moved in together.

Two males can be bonded but generlly speaking m/f pairs work the best. However, two males can form a great bond but may just be a bit more challenging and sometimes spontaneous fighting can occur so re-bonding may be needed throughout their relationship.

Bonding is tedious and a lot of work but worth it in the end. Best of luck! I love a good bunny bond :)

Thank you everyone. I made a "bonding cube"(a 2 cube long 1 cube wide thng with a divider in between so no fights break out). I put them in there for 5-10 min while i give them their treats. I think its working cause they relax beside each other in their cages, which they didn't do before. I have yet to do any dates yet because we've been busy.

Okay so Binoo and Moo have been doing okay. Binoo is territorial over his cage. We figured this out when attempting to feed him onw night he nipped at us. Moo doesn't hump as much, in the past week hes only tried humping twice. Binoo grooms Moo but shortly after Binoo nips him. I automatically stop Binoo. How do I get him to stop this? Hes slowly not nipping as much but I just wanna know if there is a way to stop this sooner.

562343_10151555455292025_703653431_n.jpg

Thanks lol. I used to do that with my guinea pigs when I had them(RIPBuddy&Gusgus) kept them occupied for hours.

Latest posts

Back