bonded bunnies started fighting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samcahh

Reaction score
I have two fixed rabbits, a spayed female and neutered male, who have been bonded for half a year now, but yesterday they started fighting intensely, and the male has now been attacking my female each time they are around each other... what do I do?! what happened?! help!

they have both been fixed that entire time, they were not introduced until the newer rabbit (the male) was fixed

If they are fighting, then you'll need to separate them before one gets injured. Also, any fighting now will decrease their chances of re-bonding them.

There are a number of reasons that this could occur. If one is not feeling well, it can trigger a fight. The one not feeling well may be grumpy causing him or her to lash out. A change in their environment, the addition of a new pet, or if one rabbit was taken somewhere without the other one (to a vet, for example). Any of these can trigger a negative reaction.

Can you think of anything that might be different that could have triggered this? Also check over each rabbit well to see if there are any signs of a physical ailment. Are they both eating and pooping normally too?

Blue eyes has said everything I was gonna say. I would separate them straight away and maybe have little sessions and observe there behaviour and separate if they attack each other.
Good luck :)

Nothing has been new in the environment, or no new pet and both bunnies seem to be fine physically/medically. We think it may be a bit of an annoyance issue since my female always expects to be groomed and I think the male is getting annoyed with her expectations...lol when she gets the hint and starts to groom him, they are fine and he doesn't nip at her. We also thought it could be that he was getting territorial over an area of the carpet, so we flipped the carpet around and that may have helped as well! Thank you for the responses:)

Latest posts

Back