Blanket

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many people here have this"talent" or one similar to it, but I took up corcheting years ago. Thiswinter I finally figured out how to read a pattern, and quickly decidedto make a blanket for my bunny. It's mostly decorational, but when wetake her somewhere with us, she can have her own blanket to comforther. It's very soft too! I can't wait until I start making our newbunny one. Here are a few pictures... (If anyone does similarhobbies, let me know and I will attempt to type out the pattern, orI'll be lazy and scan it.. heh.)
BBBBB.jpg

^ the blanket folded in half.

BBBBB2.jpg

^ the detail of the pattern. Bobble pattern.

BBBBB3.jpg

^ The trim I added myself because it's entertaining so she can playwith them, and also it looks nice. Holds it together well too!

My mom knits but wants to learn crochet. Maybe Icould ask her to make it for Devon. If you have a chance, maybe youcould post the pattern.

Very nice looking

I did not have a harness for my little girl andit was a beautiful day so I crocheted one... it did the trick and sheis the only Rabbit on the block with a designer harness lol.

susan

My goodness allthe talents on this forum !!!!We certainly have agreat bunch of people andmutitalented too boot , Makes Loggingin everyday a new adventure anda new reason to check every thread. Keep up the good work ,

I used to hand crochet tablecloths but an accident withan electric can opener left unable to usemy right thumb , and holdingthose tiny hooks isdeadly to anyone acrossed the room .

thank you.

Where did you get the pattern for that harness? i would love to makesomething like that for mine. espically since tiny b hates her harness.i bet it's more comfortable than the store bought one!

i'll try to take some time out to type out the pattern for you.

irishmist your a talented person

id better get out the knitting needles and make one for lucy

as in the uk

im in a knitting and sewing class

varna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just did it out of my head, prolly should havewritten it down... new girl in new country = bored out of my mind... soi get creative... my husband thinks I am nuts LOL

Susan

[align=center]Baby Bobbles[/align]

MATERIALS

Coats & Clarks RED HEART Baby Fingering,

ART. E. 225, 84% acrylic/16% olefin yarn (50 gram/270 yards per skein):

3 skeins each of white (1) for A, Baby Yellow (224) for B, Peach (247) for C,

And Pastel Green (680) for D

Size D/3 (3.25mm) aluminum crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge

GAUGE

In body Pattern, 17 sts and 12 rows = 3” (7.6cm).

Take time to check your gauge

STITCH PATTERN

This blanket is worked from side to side, alternating each row of whitedouble crochet with a row of colored bobbles. White (A), yellow (B),peach ( C), and green (D), used in the sequence: A B A B A B A C A C AC A D A D A D A. Each pair is repeated three times to create broadstripes of color, with one last row of white for balance. Counting rowsis easy, since each color stripe is three bobbles tall.

INSTRUCTIONS

Beginning at the side with A, ch 247.

Foundation Row:
Dc in the 4[suP]th[/suP] ch from hook, dc in eachof the next 3 ch. * Ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc in each of the next 5 ch. Repfrom * across- 245. Fasten off.

Row 1:
With the WS facing, join B with Sl st in first dc, ch 1, scin same dc. (Ch, sk next dc, sc in next dc) twice. * Bobble in nextch-1 sp, sc in next dc, (ch 1, sk 1 dc, sc in next dc) twice. Rep from* across, ending row with bobble into next ch-1 sp, (sc in next dc, ch1, sk next dc) twice, sc in 3[suP]rd[/suP] ch of turning ch; turn.Fasten off.

Row 2:
With the RS facing, join A with sl st in first sc, ch 3(counts as dc); * Ch 1, sk next bobble, ( sc in next sc, dc in nextch-1 sp) twice, dc in next sc. Rep from * across turn. Fasten off.

Following Color Sequence, rep Row 1-2 until afghan measures approx 36”from beg, to ending after row 2 has been worked with color B for threeconsecutivet times.

Last Row:
Rep Row 1 with color A and fasten off.

FINISHING

FRINGE:
For each fringe combine color A with the cl color for therow. Cut 7 strands measuring approx. 9” and fold in half to form a lp.With the WS facing take lp through side edge of one dc; take ends(include rem tails) through lp and pull up to form a knot. * Place nextfringe on the side of th cl row, matching colors; rep from * across,ending with one fringe on side edge of the dc row. Trim Fringe indesired. Rep for opposite side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDGING

INSTRUCTIONS:
Work on base of 4 stitches or required distance so tassels don’t overlap.

Row 1:
[2 scs or required distance so tassles don’t overlap, ch 25,turn, sk 3 chs, (2 dcs in next ch) 20 times, hdc, (dc in ch) 2 times,repeat.

Okay... This is the pattern for the blanket. Now I honestlydidn't make it full size. Now if you have a larger rabbit (or want tomake it for a child) you could follow the instructions. If you don'tunderstand the pattern, point out parts you do not understand and Iwill translate.. I know it can be confusing. I did not use the fringethe pattern called for because I felt that my rabbits would try to eatit. Instead I used the edging pattern (the curly part). Sadly, myprinter/scanner/fax machine is not hooked up right now so I cannot scana picture of the edging pattern. If it's too complicated, look in the"Donna Kooler's encyclopedia of crochet" In the backwhere the section of edging is, is where that one is located.

The blanket and harness are adorable!!I've been learning to knit, and both look easy enough to learn tomake...is there by any chance a way toknit either pattern? Ifthere is, that would be great! Thanks you guys! Ihavea lot of time on my hands this summer, and what betterway to spend it than on stuff for my little bun bun?!

-k:D

i don't think that you can use that specificpattern as a knitting pattern. there might be a similar pattern outthere that is for knitting. i'm unaware of it though.

I just learned to crochet last year. Iam currently working on two blankets, As soon as I'm done with thoseall the fur kids are getting their own blanket lol. I love the blanketand that harness is adorable.

Tina

Thank you. I just made our other rabbit the samekind of blanket, but it's not as colorful. I started making a 'testdummy" harness today. The main way I do different little things is thatthe main crochet book I have happens to come with many different typesof patterns that you can incorporate to do many different things.

Beautiful blanket and really creative harness! Both of you are so talented!

http://www.critterknitters.org/who.htm

You may want to check out the Critter Knitters Coalition.

'
who_sml1.jpg
TheCritter Knitters Coalition was created in response to the dire need forwarm, comfortable blankets by abandoned animals in New York's animalshelters and rescues. Hand-knit, crocheted, quilted or sewn, theseblankets help frightened cats and dogs feel calm, and improve thequality of life for a shelter animal while they await their foreverhome. These "love rugs" also help make the shelters look more "homey"thus making the animals more adoptable. Every animal, whether they have48 hours or 20 years of life deserve something warm and comfortable tosleep on.

There are some really neat crochet and knit patterns and many, many links.

Also Hugs for Homeless Animals has some neat pattern links and info on their projects.

http://h4ha.org/snuggles/

Latest posts

Back