Bitten By Fire Ants - HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

Just checking in to let you know how Oreo is doing. He's had a good day today - has a good appetite, has been grooming himself, pooping and peeing normally and enjoyed a day out in his exercise pen with the others nearby (not on the grass under any trees this time!).

I've now begun seriously using the medication that I've been given and already I am seeing some good results. His eyes, particularly the bad one which is pretty much bulging with swelling, are looking a little improved. They changed from being bright red and sore looking to being pale pink. Mostly his eyes are continuing to get gunked up 2-3 times during the day, but I'm just gently wiping it away with a cotton swab and some plain water. Both eyes still have a slight milky film over them. I sure am praying that he doesn't end up blind from all this trauma to his eyes. I guess time will tell.

It would seem that he isn't in a lot of pain now. I will continue to post updates.

Thank you so much for all your help and support during this time of crisis. You have no idea how wonderful it is to be able to connect with an overseas forum like this when you are living in another country far away from western methods and understanding. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU! :pray::hugsquish::hugsquish:

It is good that he's improving. I hope he continues to move in the right direction. I hope he can regain his sight, but he is lucky to have survived this.

Back