Biting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddie_20

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a quick questions. I was playing with Minnie yesterday and found a gash ( hairgone and red skin)on her and I am pretty sure it is from her brother who apparently bit her... I also saw bite marks on Mickey a while ago... Do your buns do that?

I have only seen them try to nibble on each other when they are trying to have a little too much fun with each other or trying to show dominance.. any ideas on how to stop it? Or if I should worry..

thanks

Maddie

Was it a wound? Or just a 'plucking' of fur?

A bit of chasing, mounting and nipping is normal, but obviously you won't want it to get to anything that causes them physical harm.

If they are causing that much harm to each other (as in causing wounds and injuries) then I would be thinking about whether or not they should be together (at least at the moment while spring is in the air).

well it was not an open wound and because they are 4 years old and were together ever since they were babies I would be afraid to seperate them... The one I found a long time ago on Mickey had actually scabbed over.. but I am wondering if they bit themselves when they were cleaning themselves or biting their skin?

Where was some plucking of fur for sure... Minnie had gaps on her body where the fur was... but the one i found recently was not an open wound but sure was red...

Latest posts

Back