BITING DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlitzensmyBunny

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of help. My 9 month oldbunny Blitzen has in the last month been biting it seems out of angerwhen I hold him. (Not just gentle nipping BITING).

He never really did this and I am getting really frusturated Icannot get him to stop and I loose my patience:(. (I know bad me). Idon't know what to do! I have tried squirting him with a water bottlebut it doesn't work.

You all always have such exellent advice so I was wondering if you can help!

Thank you so much!

bunnys dont like to be held because they areanimals of prey when you are holding them or picking them upin their mind they think a bird is swooping them up he is probably justsaying"hey youre scaring me stop it" or i dont like this it makes mefeel unsafe" good luck with your bunny!!

sara

hello.. join in the club! My 3 month year oldEmmy used to bite me and my sister alot. Well, katy [ sister] said thatshe needs good attention becauseshe feels left out. Try toplay with him/her..! Probably that will work! I hope that this worksalso! Good luck with your bunny, and if that doesn't work, probbalyPamnock or Caroyln will help you! ;)

-Trina

Good advice Trina! But I do love him and playwith him if I give him hugs and kisses he likes to bite me (not awarning nip) and he looks angry by opening his mouth real wide andbiting hard. He used to lick me more and love me:(.

Again thanks for the trying to help!

The one thing you didnt mention (although you mayof done this, so bear with mehere )

When Blitzen bites you, screech loudly-andsayNO!!!! repetitively this may teach him not to bite.Personally, I cannot pick up Jade, only Jezebel (I believe it was mentioned in an abovepost about holdingthem)9months seems anodd age for biting to begin, but then again I have girls and they wentthrough that stage already-NOT to say they wontgo through itagain, since many of us here have complained about our "kids" goingthoughtheir ,(<-------picturethat being a bun) teenage years, and how we are mystified sometimes bytheir behavioral patterns.There was some debate a while backabout teething-

anyone else?

As far as spraying with a water bottle, that worked for me withnibbling on things UNTIL the weather drastically changed and then I had2 bunnies who thought it was 'A day at the water park', and enjoyedit.
Cher

The biting is a nasty little habit. I had a bitermyself. To demonstrate that you are top bunny, you can firmly, butgently (so you don't hurt him)push Blitzen's little head downfrom the back of his head and hold it down for a moment. Rabbits dothis to eachother to show dominance. He should get the message.

I'm pretty sure rabbits do not teethe. They're teeth grow constantly,and I don't believe they ever cut new teeth. The experts would know forsure.

Thanks Sarah!:) I will try, the water bottle doesn't really work that well, even though he doesn't like it.

Latest posts

Back