Bit of a problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you can work it out, Bethany!

Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you and Buster-Boy.

:bunnydance:

-Carolyn

Thats amazing Bethany and I really respect youfor taking in Buster, and coping with him so well, keep at it! Whoknows what he's been through in his 9 year life, so its agoodjob you're being patient, and I'm surehe'llcomethrough with a loving stable home withyou. It sounds a bit like my bun Tufty, who has bitten me once or twiceand does not like me picking her up or out of her cage, and I know howit feels to be nervous about petting/handling. It sounds a bit liketerritorial problems to me, like with my Tufty, but I don't reallyknow. I know Buster is a much more complicated case, and Ihope that with some help about behaviour and body language, you'll beable to work out your differences!

Good luck, and well done!

Blueberry x

Bethany wrote:
Buck Jones - I am perfectly intent upon "making the effort" to read the artical. I hope you did not infer from my last post that I was going to just give up on figuring out what Buster's body language means.

Yes, I was hoping to get you angry enough to insure that you would peruse the recommended site becauseit addresses your question(s) so well. Probably many here who could give descriptions of aggressive postures and behaviors, but I doubt any would be quite as good.

Sometimes people come here and leave with information provided and neglect to check the links. We usually suggest links that are more infomative than we are, so these "lazier" people tend to lose somethings.

Your query was so frightening that I wanted to be sure you got the best info I knew of. Obviously, that happened. I apologize for the inference, as it was intended for the reasons I've given. I do hope you can forgive me?

Buck

Buck Jones-- Not a problem at all. I understandwhat you are saying about people who dont take the time to go to thelinks and such provided. I hope I dont come across as that sort. Ithink I've pretty much read through the rabbits.org site (not sure ifthats the exact link). And now I'm making my way throguh the lang oflagomorphs. I'm learning a LOT about whats going through Buster's head.

Such as when he comes up and rubs his chin all over my hands or my bedspread and such. I learned thats acctualy a sort of friendly, acceptingguesture on his part. I dont think I even noticed that he did thatbefore I started reading the Site.

I dont want to come across as an unknowlegable pet owner. One of myfavorite pass times is to read magazines, websites and forums to gathermore info about the pets I keep. I'm just a bit newer to the world ofrabbits. And theres SO much to learn about them!

Carolyn wrote:
Iknow that my Flemish used to give me "nibbles" when I first gother. Some rabbits do that not realizing that ithurts. Believe it or not, they're often referred to as 'lovenibbles'. We've got some members going through that rightnow.
I would be one of those people. Sampson gets me, but only ifI'm not opening his cage as quickly as he thinks I should. LOL

My Holland Lop, Daisy, has a bit of an attitude, she doesn't think Ishould invade her space. And Lily, one of my Mini Rex, has ahuge attitude around my other girls. I wouldn't want to wakeup to her if she were in that mood. She makes these unearthlynoises.

I actually had an experience like you this morning. I woke upto Sampson, escaped from his cage, up the stairs and into thebedroom. The first time, I heard him coming in and took himback down. The second time, I convinced myself I was hearingthings, but suddenly he was in my face. Lucky for me, I don'thave any worries about him.

Good Luck! You are a great person for taking such an old,difficult guy. I know he loves you, even if he doesn't showit properly -- you gave him a forever home.

Jen

Bethany,

I'm hoping you read this Tuesday morning. I would love to find out howyour night went! Do tell, inquiring minds wanna know!!! :)

The night went REALLY well. He did come up onthe bed..and did stand on top of me. I still didnt have the nerve toacctualy pet him while he was there, but I wasnt really scared of thefact that he was there. I figured he was just wishing me a G'night,lol.

And I layed on the floor for a while w/ him last night and he came upand put his head down for some pets. He stayed there for quite a whileand shut his eyes with pleasure, I'm asuming. I offered him a cheeto,but all he did was kinda rub his chin on it and hop away.

Bethany wrote:
He stayed there for quite a while and shut his eyes withpleasure, I'm asuming. I offered him a cheeto, but all he did was kindarub his chin on it and hop away.

Sounds like Love to me! When they put their head down forpets like that, some folks call that "Presenting themselves".Sounds to me like he's already in love with you. I amhard-pressed to believe he ever wanted to hurt you. He wasonly looking for your love and attention.

Good Job! I'm proud of you for having he courage to go in andface the little mon. It can be scary when you've beenbitten. Getting down on the floor and allowing him toapproach you is Key! You did exactly the rightthing.

:highfive:

-Carolyn

I am soooo glad to hear that last night went so well.

Perhaps, you don't need to let your siblings in on the fact that you're makin' progress ;) .

Latest posts

Back