Binoo and Moo, 2 Bunnies who needed love.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBabyboo

Reaction score
It was suggested that I start a blog. So here we go....

Our story beings with me going to a pet store(I know I know, pet stores suck), My guinea pigs had just passed away and I wanted a furbaby because at the time I was struggling with a severe anxiety disorder and OCD. I had owned bunnies before and I love their different personalities and sizes. I went to 4 different pet stores in my area looking for a rabbit. I didn't see any rabbits that personalities where what I was looking for. But when I got to this store called the critter shop I saw a lil white ball of fur relaxing in a small cage with 7 guinea pigs. It was a Lionhead Bunny. I knew that that wasn't good but upon further inspection I could see that he was sick. Instantly I grabbed him bought him and took him to our vet. He had lots of discharge coming from his nose and eyes. I nursed him back to health.

After I got him back to a healthy state, I tried to bond him to myself(I had him for about a year at this point). BUT he was extremely cage aggressive. No matter what size cage he would try to attack my hands. So another vet trip to get him neutered. (Dad made a bunch of nicknames for him, like captain nonutz) $200 later he was home and healing in my living room in his nursing cage. At the time we were selling our house and we had a month and a half to find another house and move in, so he was in my living room and people where walking threw the house and he became more social.

During the move I left him with my friend who works at my vets office. He made sure Binoo was as calm as he could be in a new place. After the move I started building him a new cage, as my room was too small for the bulky store bought cage I had. A few months had past and I decided that it was time for Binoo to have a friend.

I waited 4 months to find a bunny who truly needed a home and had a personality that would be a good fit with Binoo. Binoo was about a year and a half at the time. I saw Moos picture in the humane society that was about an hour away. But I was in florida visiting my grandparents and couldnt pick him up. When I got back to canada he was gone.. A week or so past and he was back. When I went in to go see him and I was told he was returned 3 times. He had the right personality I felt Binoo needed in a friend. So I signed all the papers and the humane society neutered him and a week later I brought Moo home. Moo is a lop eared bunny. :bunny18
I love both my rabbits dearly and they have brought my boyfriend and I closer. They are our furbabies and we love them more than words can describe.

Aww, that's a nice story. I'm glad you picked Binoo out at the pet store, many other people who would have bought him may not have given him the treatment he needed/deserved. Hoping the bonding progresses well :)

They are just both so cute and Binoo is very much like my Bandy. Great that you took him home and made him well again, he does look really happy now and your lop is lovely as well.

I really hope you can get these boys together as I think that bunnies are happier when they have company, someone to sleep with and groom them and just be buddies.

Look forward to reading lots more about these two boys and good on you for starting your own blog, you will get so much from it and we get to see lots more pics of these cuties :)

Binoo and Moo, Two oddball bunnies. Odd in a good way. Lol. Binoo is the quite one of the two boys. He was never a bunny that liked to be touched. He would try to bite anything that came near him. I know the pour baby was scared and figured a good way to bring him out of the shyness he was in was to get him a buddy. I looked all over for a female bunny that had the right personality to go with Binoo but I couldn't find a female. I began looking for a male because the females I saw at the shelters didn't seem to mesh with Binoo that good.

Moo was a 3rd timer bunny(meaning he was brought back to the shelter 3 times) I knew by reading his file that he was a high energy bunny, many people don't know how to deal with a high energy bunny. He was very out going wasn't shy at all.

Now they are getting along and although they are not in the same cage they get 12 hours out of the cage a day and they cuddle all day. With future plans to move out of my parents house with my boyfriend(who lives with us) we hope that they will continue getting along. As I will be taking a huge step in my life, going to college in the fall, my boyfriend is learning how to take care of the boys. I will be home on weekends to help. I'm not looking forward to leaving them or my bf for a year but it needs to be done so I can continue helping animals, I am going through for Veterinary Office Administration. :bunny19

945959_10151742766952025_724709967_n.jpg

1017343_10151718434892025_331298371_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back