Binky question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
Smores is a total binkaholic. I don't think I've ever had a bunny that binkies as much... I was wondering if they tend to binky more when they are babies and grow out of it? It's quite fun to watch really :biggrin:

I really think they tend to binky more as babies. Snowball was a binky-queen when she was young. She still binkies, but not as much. Pancake (who is 7 mos. old) binkies like crazy when she is out. It's so much fun to watch!!

Hehehe thanks Patti. That's what I thought. I hope to capture some good ones on video while it lasts:biggrin:

I agree with Patti. Both of mine binkied more when they were younger. They still binky now but not as much. They also binky a little differently. Chase binkies by throwing her head around. She doesn't bounce up off the ground with her legs like she did when she was younger. But she also weighs more now lol.

I also agree that you get more binkies when they are babies. My Stashu binkied all over the place when she was small, now that she's 15 pounds (flemish giant, not horribly overfed!) I think its harder to get her self up in the air! You can still tell when she's excited though, I get the bunny 500 when she is about to get treats!

Chadsmom- a binky is when a bunny gets excited and they jump uncontrollably into the air and usually twist around a bit. It's how they express excitement or let you know they are having a good time.

Flashie is a year old now and when he was younger he had the most explosive crazy out of control binkies ever!..if we were playing on the bed together i seriously had to watch out for a windmill kick to my face from him..he was dangerous..hehe...he still binkies but he seems to have a little more control over them ...all 9 of my buns binky differently..it so kewl to see..
PPPetunia honks when she binkys and she jumps straight up in the air and lands in the same spot...honk honk...its an awesome thing to see!
Doodlebug is a closet binkier he doesnt let u see him do it...when u pretend to walk out of the room and peek back in ..thats when he gets jiggy..
Hercules is a fat binkier ..it takes a little bit of umph to get himself in the air...
Angel is my "slow"bunny ..she had her air supply cut off at birth and she has a front splay leg...but that DOES NOT stop her from doin some crazy moves!..she mainly does them in a huge circle.
my 2 flemmies are the youngest i have and they got some kewl moves too but they dont catch the kind of air that my smaller buns can..
i would def take video of everything u can now...our lives with these guys can be so short ....but oh so sweet.

Lol! They are such fun to watch :biggrin2:My previous bunnies weren't all that much into binkying, well at least not nearly this much... Smores seems to have a spring in his butt :pMaybelle binkies quite a bit too but not like Smores. Smores is just crazy. I remember watching an NZ binky... So not graceful! I cannot imagine a flemish :shock:

I think I need video proof of Smores' spring buttedness! I remember when Cinnabun, my first bunny as a kid, binkied for the first time. We had no idea what in the world he was doing but it was clear he was having fun! He stopped doing it as he got older. Somewhere there is a video I took with my parents' fancy camcorder when I was 10 years old of Cinny binkying.

no Nela ..my Flemmies are so not graceful..hehe..but they are a blast to watch...especially when they do the headshake thing and keep hopping sideways...its almost like the Saturday night live skit where they are jamming to music in the car doin the same head bob..hehe.funny poop right there..:)

Latest posts

Back