Big Ooops!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

Reaction score
Well, it turns out that my new babybunformerly known as Maycee is now known as Bridges.Yepshe's a he! Enter the huge problem.He's been in with my unalteredfemale Neth. Dwarf for about aweek now. I just noticed them - ahem - "bonding"yesterday. :shock: Sheesh. Bridges isabout 12 wks old and Madison is about 10 mos. I love my bunsdearly and I'm not quite sure how to ask this but here goes...can shebe spayed if she's pregnant? I'm so upset... :(

Yes. At 12 weeks old, the little guyis just becoming a "man". I've seen litters sired by suchyoung boys occasionally miscarried. Gestation is only 31days, so a spay would need to be performed ASAP.

We will cross our fingers that the little guy was not successful in his "bonding" venture.

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Oh dear It seems you're not the only one myhubby's aunt gets buns given to her all the time because they no longerwant them. she has 9 girls and 4 boys, The girls all live together in ahuge enclosure she was given a new bun who was supposed to be a girl amonth later she realized she was a he:shock:. I bet he hadfun with 9 girlie friends:D sorry cant help on the spayingquestion hope someone else can, but I would of thought you need to findout if she is pregnant first.

Jen wrote:
Well, it turns out that my new babybun formerly known as Maycee is now known as Bridges. Yepshe's a he!....
I think Pam has anwered your questions adequately. I just wanted to say your predicament is not highly unusual in the rabbit keeping experience and several of us here have made wrong calls on rabbits' sexuality. Myself being one!

Buck

Stephanie wrote:
Yup. Been there done that. Valuran used to be called Valura before I noticed his manly bits.

HAHA "Manly bits" :D

Same with Nimué, we thought he was a girl so we gave him a nice girlname, then he turned out to be a boy, and by that time calling himNimué was already a habbit :)

~Amy

Thanks everyone. Glad to know I'm notalone. I would let her have the babies but I know I couldn'tgive them up and my luck she'd have 10! I will go ahead andmake the appointment tomorrow.

ayglnu13 wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
Yup. Been there done that. Valuran used to be called Valura before I noticed his manly bits.

Same with Nimué, we thought he was a girl so we gave him a nice girlname, then he turned out to be a boy, and by that time calling himNimué was already a habbit :)

~Amy
Oh, I did this too. Sage used to be Lilly, for about a day,until I notice he and Daisy...how did you put it....bonding....I waslucky, she was too young to have a problem.

You can still spay her, but you have to do it NOW. It's anawful predicament, but you need to do what's best for you and yourbun.

Jen

ayglnu13 wrote:
Stephanie wrote:

~Amy
Shorty's testicles just dropped. AndBOY! Are they manly bits, or what??!!? heehee Itseems like they 'dropped' overnight. I look them over twice aday. One night they weren't there, next night,WOW!! WHAT IS THIS!!??? I thought :?

Bucks do have the ability to raise them within the body or drop them, as the case might be. I suspect it is a manner of self-protection when battling for territory, or as temperatures of 85 degrees F and above can make a buck temporarily impotent I am led to believe, it may be simply a way to keep them within proper temperature ranges for optimum performance.

Buck

We were lucky. Muffy turned into Buddy@ about 5 months and had been living with my doe. We boughtthem both @ 7 weeks old and to our suprise a month later yup youguessed it Babies :shock:but we loved them and they all wentto great homes - and I have visitation with them :)

Latest posts

Back