Beware of FAKE vets who think they specialize in rabbits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country-Girl

Reaction score
Well, I took Benelli buns to a new vet that was "supposed" to specialize in rabbits & exotic breeds of animals and they had a banging 50% off new customers coupon for 1st time visits. Let's just say it didn't help that I knew way more than the vet herself and I schooled her on rabbit knowledge! (We did get in a bicker over what seemed to me as basic facts) Waste of money & time. Any who, I feel great & left the vet feeling stooped in her knowledge. On to the next vet who hopefully will know more than me! But benelli bunn did great & was a real champ when it came to the check up!

The basic knowledge we argued about was what type of hay I'm feeding which is orchard hay. She got very offensive insisting it was exactly like alphalfa. Which it is not a legume hay (she didn't even know what legume was) honestly pointless arguing with her. At the end of my visit as I was paying. I told her to google more about rabbits and told her about the rabbit house society website. Let's just say she was upset! I DEFINTELY DONT RECOMMEND northpointe animal hospital in Fresno,ca.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1395451312.228985.jpg

That has got to be frustrating and disappointing. This is why word of mouth is a very powerful thing. Hopefully you can find a vet that actually does know about rabbits.

Yeah it's on to the next one! Sometimes I just feel like vets are in it for the money rather than the love/care for the animals we call our furr-babies. It's very frustrating & misleading when your there thinking your going to get top services that you pay for which are NOT cheap and you get the complete opposite - Un-knowledgable & greedy money monsters!

Ugh I can't even stop talking to my bf about how mentally/physically incapable she was with benelli. I was there to do a general wellness check up & because lately she's been teeth grinding randomly & when it came time to check her back molars the assistant flipped her on her back and the vet went to put the magnifier tube in her mouth she jumped a little and then the vet was like oh she's jumpy I'll probably not be able to follow through with this because she so squirmy. I butted in well, that's why I came here, I came so you the vet could check her molars she jumped one time, Try again. She tried again and benelli was perfect! Ugh. I just cannot help but to also be upset that she was so easy to give up!

Sorry.... I'm venting...

Last edited:
Btw this isn't the vet that I posted about earlier (animal Waterhouse - who are great!) this is a different vet. Animal Waterhouse couldn't get me in until like a couple weeks later. So I decided to take her somewhere else since the teeth grinding was making me paranoid.! Who knew it'd be my mistake!

It is difficult finding the right vet who actually knows what they´re doing. I do think though that some vets just don´t like you to be so well informed, there is so much info on the internet nowadays that you have to know how to sift through the right from the wrong. However, I think also there are vets who appreciate that you are so interested in your pet´s welfare that you try and find out as much as possible about their possible illnesses that they will point out what is right and what they disagree with in a very helpful way. Hope you find a vet who will do that for you.

Ugh this can be highly annoying. We called a vet in our area once and they told us they had 1 special rabbit doctor there, but the next time we called them to make an appointment, they said any of their dog doctors could see a bunny. Not going there.

Oh and but the way, your bun looks so cute and fluffy in that box!! ;)

Latest posts

Back