Best Outdoor Location

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchbrothers

Reaction score
We have the choice of building a large (sheltered from rain)outdoor/indoor enclosure for our two bunnies, and possibly a few more rescues, in our to-be-built barn. Question: on the south or north side? Our summers only have a few really hot days that I can manage cooling them off. The rest of the year it it pretty cool and often rainy. I don't know if they enjoy sitting in a winter sun or prefer shade at all times, like on the north side.
Input greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Southwest givess you all day sun, but they need to be able to get out of sun to maintain their body temp. Norhtwest might be best as they'll get the morning sun and afternoon shade when the temp is the highest.

I think it would depend on the height of your windows & maybe some other factors. If you added something in the summers to shade the windows, I think I'd choose the south side in your Oregon climate if directly north or south are the only options. Of the 4 directions, I'd choose east-facing for morning light.

Next question: how tall should the outdoor run be? Standing height with a man door in it or much lower but how do you get in? I am planning on covering (completely enclosed) it with 1/2 inch hardware cloth.
We will start the barn in about a month so I still have all the options. Their outdoor run will be around the north and west side of the barn in an L-shape. East is the side of the forest so they won't get any light from there. Windows in the north side.

Latest posts

Back