Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmoluna

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

For the past few days my buns have both randomly had very small droppings and don’t want to eat much early in the mornings. They eat hay and fresh veggies in the afternoon and evening perfectly fine, and are drinking water. They also act very normal and have been more active recently.

I’ve given them some compressed hay bales along with a variety of hays to snack on for fiber, and some wet veggies in the morning and night. They currently get an Oxbow digestive support tablet every morning, but I was wondering which digestive supplements or remedies could help get my buns tummies back to normal! Any recommendations are very appreciated!

What do they eat? Any diet changes recently? I would stick with the Oxbow tablets because I have heard they work great! You can also feed them some fresh Lemon Balm. It helped Theo a lot!

With a proper diet, they should not need digestive support. What a "proper diet" looks like can vary per rabbit. It may be a matter of tweaking their current diet to suit them.

To that end, details, details....what type of pellets (if any) and what amount? What type of greens daily?

A medium coarse hay is the best digestive aid for any rabbit. If you're rabbits aren't eating at a certain time but eat fine at other times, there will be a reason why.

They may have already eaten just prior and aren't hungry yet, they could have an upset stomach from something they ate previously, they could be out of water or if they drink from a sipper bottle the valve could be stuck (rabbits won't eat if they're dehydrated ), the temp may be too hot making them lethargic and less interested in eating, something in their environment is causing upset or distracting them from eating, or there may be some other health issue going on. So that's what I would be thinking through trying to figure out what the cause could be.

Back