Bells -- keeping tabs on bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandyMarieB

Beagle Bun Mom.
Reaction score
Question for those of you with experience and dwarf/small bunnies: how do you keep tabs on them when they are free-roaming in the house? I don't mind her being out and about, but I would like to know where she is. I was thinking about a harness with a bell, since I know collars aren't preferred. Is this okay, or is it frowned upon?

Best not to put anything on your rabbit unless under direct supervision at all times which defeats the surpose of why you want something on your rabbit. The house or room the rabbits loose in should be totally bunny proofed before the rabbits allowed to be loose so then it shouldnt matter where bunny is.

Another thought against the bell idea is that most of the time, bunny may just be lounging somewhere. In that case, the bell isn't going to help you find her.
But then when she is moving, the bell may drive her crazy - especially since bunnies have such good hearing.

I'm just in the habit of frequently checking my rabbit's favorite resting spots and making sure the barricades are still up in place.

Latest posts

Back