Beach Bunnies 2004

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acquaintance of mine, in law enforcement, hasasked me about rabbits' olfactory ability and wondered if theirabilitieswould enable the government to search fordrugs and explosives with less expense and effort than it currentlytakes using canines.

I replied that I really didn't not know, but he asked if he could joinus at the Beach Bunny Party next monthto get some anecdotalevidence and background from those that attend, which might support orreject his investigation. I told him that I thought most anyof us would probably be happy to provide any information thatmight be of use toward those ends.

Can you imagine that? FBI bunnies, someday, maybe! How cool would that be?:cool:

Buck

That's amazing!

My boyfriend is a State Trooper and will be attending the Beach Bunny 2004 with us. He'll love it when I tell him this!

Thanks Buck!

-Carolyn

Carolyn-

Thanks-I'll keep your offer in mind. I would probably have to get getup REAL early, though; it's a long haul to the end of the line!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I happen to think Dutch bunnies are the best pet rabbits.

Since Tosca became mine over three years ago she has not been aroundany other bunnies. I'd be curious to see her reaction. She definitelyis a people bunny, but other rabbits? By the way, she is spayed.

Maria

Hi RabbitMusic,

Actually, you wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to gethere. The train ride is 2 hours. Since the partystarts around 11 or so, you could get here anytime afterthat.

The people coming from the NYC area are actually in NJ, so I think it'dbe less of a hassle for you to take a train than to try to meet up withthem. I'd think there's more of a chance of you having to getup Real Early to meet them rather than the train route.

We'll see if anyone comes forward with an offer of a ride, which wouldbe great, but if not and you'd like to make it, it's completely apossibility. You could leave your home at 9 or 10 a.m. and beback home by 7 that night. :)

Wereally hope you can make it. Tucker's not aroundrabbits much either, but he's been around Buck Jones's rabbits a fewtimes and he's quite mellow with them. It'll be interestingto see how Tosca does.

-Carolyn

Carolyn-

OK, let's wait and see. We'll play it by ear. Meantime I'll check the Metro-North schedule.

By the way, I think my Tosca may have exceptional olfactory abilities -maybe she could be a candidate for the abovementioned idea!

Maria

Greetings Again Folks!

Those who are planning to attend the Beach Bunny Party, please send mea private message so I'll have to give your names to the people who runthe lake.

Since it'sa private lake, unless your name is on the list of attendees, you won't be able to get in.

Thanks.

-Carolyn

I so wish you could make ittoo, BunnyMommy.

-Carolyn

I want to try to work on some options and try tocome to the Party. I will have to see what is up with my husband thatweekend. Will let you know in a day or two

That'd be great, Bunty! Would love to have you with us.

Cut off date for an answer will be May 24th, I just thought I might getpeople thinking and talking about it seriously now.Just PM me before that with your names.

The whole family and friends are invited. You'll see by thefirst page of this post what's up with it, and Danielle has posted thespot on the map it is in the online Rabbits Only Magazine in anarticle called "Friends ..."

-Carolyn

I think Sherman's behaviors are rubbing off onBunnymommy.. now she is the one throwing a temper tantrum, no treatsfor you!:phehe! *hugs* Just kiddingwithyaBunnymommy :D

~pam

It wouldn't be the first time it happened to a human, Pamela227!

-Carolyn

Awwwww!! Cheer up Bunnymommy there will be otherbunny get togethers in the future I'm sure :D*hugs* Oreo sends her kisses over to ya to make you feelbetter! (the kind right on the tip of your nose where the whiskerstickle your cheeks hehe) :)

~pam

Pamela227 and BunnyMommy:

Who says we have to wait for another party to get together at some point? Anything's possible when you plan ahead.

Stranger things have happened! You never know where or when our paths might cross.

-Carolyn

BunnyMommy,

It would surprise me if I Didn't meet you at some point down the line.

-Carolyn

Or me, as we visit Nashville several times a yearto see our son and his family, plus we recently made "rabbit friends"with people in Macon, whom we will meet at the Party in June and,perhaps, visit later in the summer or fall.

Atlanta can't be too far away.Say, isn't that where Shermanmade his infamous march to the sea? Any connection there,Sherman Bunny? LOL

Buck ;)

Carolyn and Buck, all sound like winning plans to me!

Buck said:

Atlanta can't be too far away.Say, isn't that whereSherman made his infamous march to the sea? Any connectionthere, Sherman Bunny? LOL

LOL! Actually the foster mother said that the person thatnamed him named him after that particular Sherman!

Back