Basil and Sybil

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star_girl

Reaction score
Hello All,

As you may have read in my post in the infirmary i've had a run of bad luck and sadness with my bunnies. But it's best not to focus on bad times and bad things.

I adopted two bunnies last friday from Maxicare in Northampton and I already love them to peices. They are named Basil and Sybil and are a pair the rescue centre had in with a litter of babies. They are roughly 18 months old. Sybil has had trouble with her eye and the vet was worried she would have to have it removed, but touch wood it seems to have cleared up now, but it is going to be one of those things I will have to watch. They are very friendly and love cuddles but are so messy! All the rabbits I have had in the past have been very tidy, these two just poop everywhere! I am trying to litter train them, like the rest of my bunnies but they keep throwing their litter box around, they think it's a toy!

I wanted to take pictures of them earlier when the sun was out and the rain wasn't but the camera was dead! I charged it up and have manages to get a few pics, but it is cold, dark and rainy outside so they arn't of the best quality.

CIMG0368.jpg

This is Sybil, she wouldn't sit still, I struggled to get a pic of her, this is the best I could do!!
CIMG0376.jpg

This is Basil, I think he looks like a pug, his face is all squished up!
CIMG0364.jpg

CIMG0367.jpg

So thats them.

As I mentioned before, I have had some bad luck with my bunnies lately and I lost one suddenly last week, leaving Skye by himself.
When I picked Basil and Sybil up I told the shelter owner what had happened and she said that in a couple of weeks, when Skye has got used to the idea of Misty being gone I can rehome the last of Basil and Sybils babies who is a little girl bunny of 8 months old. Which I think will be really nice, and it means he won't be alone for too long.

Anna X X X

Thats fantastic i am so happy that you have found some gorgeous buns and that sounds brill to get the last baby iam sure he will love her :)

They are so cute! Especially that Basil:inlove: He reminds me of Butterfinger! I'll bet they had some cute babies. Are the babies floppy eared, too? I hope Syb's eye will be okay!!

Wow...they are both so adorable! :inlove: I'm sorry to hear of Sybil's eye issue, but it's great that it is now clearing up. :)

So I do have to ask...are they named after the characters on Fawlty Towers? :D

Yes they are named after the Characters out of Fawlty towers! Basil was already called Basil and Sybil was named Maisie, but I re-named her!

The baby is a lot like Basil but with standing up ears, but they are not rigid, they sort of flop around when she hops...if that makes any sense!?

I think Skye should take to her pretty well, he is a very friendly and sociable bunny and she seemed the same when I saw her on Friday.

I always thought Skye was a small bunny, because he was the smallest out of all my babies, but when you see him near Basil and Sybil (as their runs are side-by-side) he looks huge, i can't believe it!

Felt sorry for them all today though because its just been raining all day and everywhere is so wet, it stops them from having a good hop around because even though they can still access thier runs they just don't want to! and thier cardboard boxs have got all soggy and ruined!! Nevermind!

Anna x x x

Latest posts

Back