Bandit: rabbity antics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bonus photo, arm lick noms :)

Also the book I'm "reading" at the moment. My all time favourite comic strip, this beast is 500 pages. Found it at the library the other day :D

Sorry for the lousy phone quality photos again.

Arm noms sm.jpg

Awesome sm.jpg

Oh boy little bunnies can be frustrating. I went out for just over an hour to go for a walk. I get back, check on Bandit, and he's laying on the floor in a spot and way he doesn't usually. Of course being a bunny owner I instantly freak out and rush over to pet him and he doesn't even move. Usually he'll sit up for pets or come running over. So of course I start worrying about everything that could be wrong. I feel his belly, pretty normal. I pet him a lot, massage his tummy, pluck some fur (because he's shedding again). He tooth purred a little for me, and I heard some stomach gurgling. So I get up to get him some simethicone just in case it helps and he instantly pops up and starts acting normal (not fooling me though). I ended up having to go across the road to buy some syringes, could only get 3ml and not 1ml ones, and tricked him into simethicone on a parsley leaf :D I figured it was better to give him some than not.

Hopefully he perks up a little bit, though he seems fine now, lol. He just wasn't right though and hopefully he'll be alright. My vet isn't open for another 28 hours or so, and I don't actually have an emergency vet picked out (something I should probably organise). Hopefully he'll be right as rain.

I hope it is just nothing... they like to keep us on our toes sometimes...
xxx

Thanks so much, he appears to be back to his energetic, mischievous self now. And there's a nice big healthy pile of poops in his tray as well :) One happy bunny mama.

A day is never complete recently without a bit of house drama... sigh. Came home from work, opened the curtains and to my surprise, all of the pickets had been removed off the back fence. Now, this is work that had been planned about 3 months ago, but now that the house was already on the market, I assumed they no longer intended to do it.

Needless to say, this wasn't ok, not only because I wasn't warned, but now with all the pickets removed, any dog can just wander into the yard at leisure. So I rang my agent, she was legitimately surprised and said she had no idea about it and is going to chase it up for me. I'm definitely over this. I'm getting tired of being nice about it, but still waiting to see what the owners say first.

Good news everyone! I have officially been allowed to break my lease without penalty :D I also submitted my application for the place I really like today. Not 100% sure on my chances since she already had others to go through, but I'm still really hopeful. Where it listed pets I wrote specifically indoor rabbit. I also mentioned that if it posed any concerns that I was happy to discuss it further. It says pets are ok with references, but we'll see. Technically if they have multiple perfectly suitable applicants, they often approve the one that had the application submitted the earliest. Wish me luck :D

It makes me think... now I can look into the cost of buying the cubes for Bandit's cage, I would really like to have them ready to go so that when we move, I can get him set up properly straight away.

It's oddly relieving, yet stressful at the same time, lol. Makes me realise that I have to pack up stuff and work out how I'm going to move my furniture :p

Well, I've been productive. I've already starting sorting through things and throwing out stuff. I've even packed up three boxes, ready for my move at some point. I figured it's better to start now than later. So that's a good feeling. Also, throwing things out is a good feeling. It's one reason why moving is good, it's a fantastic chance to sort through all the junk you don't need. I know I'll still have plenty of that, but at least getting rid of some is better than nothing.

Bandit and I went for a walk outside today, it was so nice. It's been so long since we've done that, I've felt really bad, but the weather had been so horrible for it all through winter until this week. It was good to get out and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

I haven't heard about my application, if I still haven't heard by tomorrow afternoon I think I might give the agent a ring to ask about it. It's been two full working days since she received it so she should have at least had a chance to call my references and do a bit of background check on me.

If I do get this place, or the other one I'm looking at as a back-up, it's kind of perfect timing since I have annual leave the last week in August which is when they become available. Not that I want to spend all my week of holidays organising a move, but it's certainly helpful that it might coincide. Wish I'd booked in two weeks now :p

Regarding my rental application, for the most part she seems to like me, but there's concern about the smelly rabbit being inside and the fact that he will poop everywhere and smell... those are literally things she said, lol. I mean, I get it, not everyone understands the concept of a house rabbit, but I equate it to a lot like owning a cat except you keep them caged when you're out, and the litter tray has to be there with them. I told her he was litter trained, and that he would be caged except for supervised out time, and that no I wouldn't consider keeping him outside during the day. She's still to hear back from the owners. To be honest, as much as I like the place (which I really do), if they have concerns about Bandit, I'd rather not push the issue, otherwise it could make things stressful/difficult as far as renting is concerned when they're not completely ok with it.

Edit: She just called me back. Owners are ok with me having Bandit, but they're going to do an inspection every five weeks for the first three months to make sure he's not peeing everywhere or chewing the place to bits etc. I'm excited, and scared :p

Last edited:
Yes!! Sorry, it wasn't very clear :p

In celebration I went online and bought the grids so that I can make Bandit's condo as soon as we get settled in to the new place. We'll be moving at the end of August :) I really hope it all goes well.

Wow, congrats! It's a relief they let you break the lease without penalty. Can't wait to see your (and Bandit's) new digs!

Thanks so much, I'm really looking forward to it and will certainly be putting up lots of pictures of his new condo when it's all done :)

It's hard to believe that today marks 11 years since I lost my dear friend, Furry. 11 years since you've been gone, it's crazy to me that it's as much time as I had you in my life. I still miss you, little buddy.

Furry1.jpg

So the grids got delivered today... except not, because I was at work. So now delivery is rescheduled 2 days from now because that's when I have the most time at home. I really hope they get it to me in the given time frame. They sent me an e-mail asking where they could leave it if I wasn't there, which I wasn't happy about since if I wanted that option, I would have selected it when rescheduling and I told them I didn't want it left because of what I paid for it. Then I asked what would happen if the delivery was made when I wasn't home again, and she replied but not with an answer to my question. So I'm kinda frustrated, but there's not much I can do about it, I know they can't adjust their delivery schedule to every person that it doesn't suit.

That's so annoying, I hate missing deliveries and having to wait to get things! I'm lucky to live on a relatively quiet street, so I generally trust things to be left on my doorstep.

If it was $20, I would probably say that yes it was fine, but given that all up it cost me $132, I'm not willing to risk it :p

Understandable! There are some things I'll sign for, like when I ordered my new DSLR, no way was I letting that sit in front of the door all day. :D

My grids arrived!!! :D I'm so excited about making his cage! It's actually very lucky that I got them, because the useless courier driver didn't even come in the gate and knock on the door, he just tooted the horn in the driveway, what if I hadn't gone out there to double check what it was? Especially when the directions I gave them say to come through the gate.

Anyway, they're here, and that's all that matters :D Unfortunately I don't really have time to play with them today since I'm heading over to my mums for a birthday dinner. But maybe this weekend :) I also found some cool non-slip strips at work today that might work for the edge around the top level, though I'm not sure how much he would pick at it. One of those try it and find out things I suppose.

Going to be keeping a hawk eye on Bandit today the little stinker. I was cleaning out the laundry, shifting things around and he was playing in his semi-frustrated way that he does when I'm messing with his things and pulling at his cardboard box and ripping pieces off. I didn't realise that there was still a piece of tape on it until I heard it crinkling as he chewed it. When I went to take it from him he growled at me, I've never heard him growl before. So then I tried to push his head down and take it and he growled again and then it was all gone before I could grab it. So... now we just wait to see if he's alright. He's been eating hay well since then, and have cleaned out his litter tray so I will closely monitor his activity in that regard.

And then, when I went out to get fresh hay for him, I came inside and found him on top of a box that was on top of the washing machine. I haven't seen him up there since he caused all that trouble almost a year ago. He certainly was in a mood :p

Back